I'm integrating joystick control for a 2d-movement platform game and have run into two issues getting d-pads and analog sticks working:
- Joystick axis start out set at -1.0, which causes my character to run off the left of the screen upon startup, as if UP and LEFT were held down. As soon as you touch the axis, it responds normally and doesn't remain stuck at -1.0.
- this happens on our two development machines, on Vista and XP, and with our three different gamepads (Gravis GamePad Pro, Xbox 360 windows controller, and Nyko Airflow)
- running jmetest.input.TestJoystick.java yields the same results - all joystick axis' poll at -1.0 until touched, and then they respond normally.
- can other people verify this behavior and is there a workaround or some update or callibration method we need to call?
- POV hats are not recognized as joystick axis, and unfortunately, the 360 and Airflow controllers both map their dpads as POV hats. This one is more of a feature request, really.