JUHU! I have it! :)

I GOT IT JEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA !!!

I have tried it with an other notebook…it worked by the first time…i dont know why ?

There is a window with a monkey where i can adjust solution and fullscreen…->click ok…

…ok now im ready to start…

JJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

UIUIUIUIUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4 DAYS LATER…NO SURRENDER NO REGRET!!!

1. please post the error message
  2. which java editor are you using? (there is no "the java editor", as far as i know)

i needed about 5 minutes to get jme running after downloading the jars, so there probably is just a small configuration problem between you and a running jme

by the way, afaik the cvs version of jme has precompiled binaries, right? (cannot recall this, my jme dir is messed up with my own added code :wink: )

Probably you need more Java experience before starting with 3D game development. Consider doing some simpler projects before. Starting with a complex topic like Vector Maths, OpenGL etc. is quite frustrating if you are not at least experienced with the programming language you use.

Hello again, thanx for answering so quickly…ok

1. It is indeed called "Java-Editor"    http://lernen.bildung.hessen.de/informatik/javaeditor/index.htm

this is the once i am using compiling my code! Down below on the page you can see the configuration menu for adjusting the path.

2. I have tried this code from the tutorial-page to check up:

import com.jme.app.SimpleGame;

import com.jme.scene.shape.Box;

import com.jme.math.Vector3f;

public class HelloWorld extends SimpleGame{

public static void main(String[] args) {

HelloWorld app = new HelloWorld();

app.setDialogBehaviour(SimpleGame.ALWAYS_SHOW_PROPS_DIALOG);

app.start();

}

protected void simpleInitGame() {

Box b = new Box("Mybox", new Vector3f(0,0,0), new Vector3f(1,1,1));

rootNode.attachChild(b); // Put it in the scene graph

}

}

There is no error-message in the debugger.  It opens the windows-console(promter) and tells me:

"Exeption in thread "main" java.lang.No.ClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/LWJGLExeption"

at com.jem.system…

at com.jem.system…

ans so on…

I am actually c++ programmer thus i just needed a couple of days to learn java…

But i want to create 3d games for online gameing…i have created some 3d-shooters with an other 3d engine B3D

screens:

http://www.blitzforum.de/gallery/?user=3099

I dont know if i am totally stupid…but i cant make this jme working…???

Consider using Eclipse, Netbeans, IDEA or another IDE of your choice "Java-Editor" is certainly not suited for complex software development - even if you were using C++ before :wink:

i thought java plp only use either eclipse or netbeans~ i didnt know there r actually plp using other stuff… :wink:

neakor said:

i thought java plp only use either eclipse or netbeans~ i didnt know there r actually plp using other stuff...... ;)

There is always the good old emacs or vi  :wink:

Back on topic, that error you are getting means it is not finding the JAR files coming with jME (in particular, the lwjgl.jar) In order to solve this, you need to add them to the dependencies of your project, or as command line arguments. I have never used JavaEditor before so I cannot tell you exactly how.

Good luck
neakor said:

i thought java plp only use either eclipse or netbeans~ i didnt know there r actually plp using other stuff...... ;)

Kwrite, kate, textpad, wordpad, ... to name a few ;) Whenever I feel like "oh no lets add those ****ing imports", i open my project in netbeans ;)

Okyo i think you have to add the jme jars to the "Classpath-User" in the "Konfiguration"->"Interpreter" window.

And perhaps you have to add -Djava.library.path=[JME NATIVE LIBRARIES] to "Parameter" to specify the jme native libraries to use.

This is needed to run the programm.

I would also suggest you to use eclipse or netbeans IDE instead of this Java Editor.

"Okyo i think you have to add the jme jars to the "Classpath-User" in the "Konfiguration"->"Interpreter" window.

And perhaps you have to add -Djava.library.path=[JME NATIVE LIBRARIES] to "Parameter" to specify the jme native libraries to use."

Thats exactly what i have done…but error…

I will check out netbeans…

Hello, im new in this business...im totally disappointed..im trying to install jme for about 5 Hours now..thats no joke...
im getting crazy...why its so complicated...if i see the install manual, only in 4 steps..im going fuc. up..man pls
ok,..thats what i did

would just like to point out that you would have the exact same problem with using any api that involved using their jars...so don't blame jme for that.

...use eclipse ;)

no, use IDEA. eclipse is just textpad with a bunch of plugins not fitting together }:-@

Ok, IDEA ist not free of charge

I love IDEA and used it for many years, but since free is free and Eclipse have almost caught up with IDEA, companies generally prefer it nowdays…

eclipse FTW!!!  :smiley:

Ok, now i have decided to use/download netbeans as i read mostly good things abou it. Downloaded->Installed->OK!

If anybody would be so nice and explains me what to do now with jme.jars? It is totally new GUI for me!

thanx alot

Here’s an easy tutorial for installing and using jME with netbeans

great…i will test that

yes, idea is not free :confused: so i bought it :slight_smile:

it is pure art. beautiful, elegant, it reads my mind. if i want to do someting, i just press a bunch of hotkeys and it's done.

of course, i also tried eclipse (and netbeans) to give it a chance, i tried to squeeze out as many features as possible, but even 3.2.x (whereever they are right now) could not keep up in the most important category "mind reading". i have to type so much instead of just making magic seals with my hands on my keyboard.

haven't tested the newest netbeans eap, but i heard rumors about similar capabilities, so you might have made the right choice :slight_smile: