(July 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Sounds worthy of its own thread… where you also provide information about whether you are using JME’s terrain, your own, other… and whether you’ve used the lit terrain material or the flat shaded one, etc. Best would be to include code.

3 Likes

Inventory screen v2 migrated from javafx to lemur :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Heheh… neat.

Why? :open_mouth:

My inventory on JavaFX :slight_smile:
Imgur

8 Likes

I’ve created a new thread about gaps in the terraingrid here: Gaps in TerrainGrid . Any help much appreciated. I’ve searched the forums and it seems to be a common-ish problem, but no obvious solution.

Because Java9 will most likely kill the integration, leaving the sinking shop so to say.

Also lemur is a bit more responsive (tho that alone would never pushed me to do a switch)

I disagree with you, I didn’t research this question, but I believe that I can integrate javaFX with java 9 for myself :slight_smile:

If you can proove this, you would save me from a lot of migration.
→ Note jme → swing → javafx does not count :stuck_out_tongue:

Point is all of the sun.* classes are hidden due to jigsaw, (and yes I know that in 9 at least you can temorparly active the old modi, but at some point that wont work any longer)

I know about this and I’m going to research this later :slight_smile: but I am not going to replace the JavaFX to other UI frameworks because the javaFX is best java UI framework :slight_smile:

Mhhh this looks like crap , better to stick to java8.

I said the same when that new Java5 started causing issues on my code… :frowning:

2 Likes

Also java 10 will include project panama and project valhala :slight_smile: so we have to migrate to java 9 now.

So you could say that… Java is awaited in Valhala!

And it will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/c806a4zwhmfy8zdh1qyr.gif

1 Like

Or you can just use OpenJFX, which is open source, does not require native code, runs on all platforms, and can easily integrate with jME by implementing the GraphicsPipeline interface:
https://github.com/Debian/openjfx/blob/master/modules/graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/prism/GraphicsPipeline.java

2 Likes

A bit of a hiatus from college and stuff explained all in our new blog update!

And for the tl;dr:

7 Likes

Some new death explosions:

Extracted from a video of some ink dropping into water hah

And the basic asteroid destrucion:

I’m planning to make some actual breaking up into pieces or at least some sort of indent, but some other time.

Sorry for the large gifs.

7 Likes

Take a look at this https://github.com/DanniSchou/MeshSplitting/blob/master/Procedural%20Mesh%20Splitting%20-%20by%20Danni%20Schou.pdf
It’s super easy to implement for convex shapes, and fast enough to run in realtime.

1 Like

Hey that looks just like the splitting from that one resident evil game. I’ll give it a shot.

Following this problem I took a chance on integrating glBlendFuncSeparate(). Much better result. Many clouds.

17 Likes