(July 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Finally got to the point where I can actually produce things with my material definition editor

The bare bone PBR node based shader

35 Likes

I can wait useing it! When will you release it?

2 Likes

breakdown ::

23 Likes

Not sure what I’m looking at and what is looking at me, but I like it.

Btw are these just tech demos or are you working on something larger again? :wink:

2 Likes

nothing but tech demos, it’s all i do.

1 Like

:frowning:

1 Like

Well can’t really give any ETA since I’m not able to dedicate time to it on a regular basis…
I’m barely just having it to work… I wouldn’t be able to handle support requests for now.

2 Likes

WIP magic effect… It’s a single quad with one texture i.e. a shader.

Animated version:

11 Likes

Wow, that look amazing.
Exceptional good work.

1 Like

11 Likes

Me and @janvonpichowski are now working together :slight_smile:

I don’t know why the picture preview is not shown…

10 Likes

Because you put the link to imgur’s landing page instead of the direct link to the image. Edit your post and add the file extension.

3 Likes

Worked, thanks!

1 Like

which libraries do you use to make trees and grass? :slight_smile:

1 Like

For now all trees and even grass are hand-placed. This is a smaller level / scene so that’s not the problem here. But for another (larger) scene, we probably let trees generate by using a noise algorithm. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Sorry. Gotta take this call.”

3 Likes

I want to implement grass/trees painting in my editor, your trees are separated models? can you provide me an example of this? and what is your grass? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice!

Yes! Each type of tree is stored in a separate j3o file. In my scene file those trees are linked into the scene.

Sorry, what do you mean by an example?

For the grass I created a j3o file which contains an area of about 5*5 meters of grass. I then add those grass batches to the scene. Of course this can be done better too.

1 Like

I mean an example of a model of a tree…

Also, can you provide an example of the grass? I will use your examples to work on painting feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

I maybe will have time on Sunday to do that. Else you can find a lot of free tree models in the internet.

1 Like