(July 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Or create some witih Sim-Arboreal.

It exports j3o.

1 Like

Hm, can I integrate the library to my editor? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure. Why not?

But you donā€™t even need to do that just to use the trees.

Anyway, itā€™s all open source.

1 Like

I want to integrate it to provide a tool to generate trees inside my editor :wink:

1 Like

I got distracted, but only for a second, working towards a better skin shaderā€¦ real-time translucency approximation calculated in a singe pass during the lighting pass(s) :

yellow is light source behind Stanford Happy Buddha who is facing away from the camera.

Itā€™s not perfect, so eat me, but itā€™s more than good enough, and is cheep.

current caveat is none closed meshes (e.g. a sphere mesh with a big hole) freak out.

8 Likes

A video of the thing :

you have to look at it for a while to soak in what is happening, the front rendered faces look like crap but they are there for spatial reference only.

An interesting idea to make this additional post worth while: A cool technique I came across, used and didnā€™t end up needing ā€¦ to bake a ā€œThicknessā€ approximation map for an object, in Blender, invert the object normalā€™s and bake an AO pass. It works surprisingly well, fiddling with ray distance acts like a biasā€¦ Itā€™s pretty cool. Even if you donā€™t actually do it, thinking about how it works is just as satisfying :wink:

4 Likes

Turret War, full on turret lines of doom

Later that same game, barely won that one ā€¦ ugh such destruction

And the first iteration of the completed game lobby

Been working on tank AI, which has been pretty challenging. Things are coming along nicely.

Mithrin

12 Likes

I have decided to port ARC themes to my editor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did not write any code right now. I bought a book titled Graphics shaders - theory and practice, learning shaders and OpenGL from last week.

Tonight, I just finished reading an article, and want to share it with you:

The Real-time Volumetric Cloudscapes of Horizon: Zero Dawn

Hope I can implement the epic clouds in jME3 this year.

6 Likes

Great find, @yan. That oneā€™s going in my bookmark collection.

1 Like

The past week-end we have done our first game jam (@xelun and me).

There you can see all the games made. Ours is the one named ā€œFind Yourselfā€. The theme of the jam was ā€œWho am Iā€. We started the development on Saturday and ended it on Sunday.

7 Likes

Iā€™m continuing working on new themes for SS editor :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If you add extensions to those links then we wonā€™t have to click on them just to see them.

1 Like

done :slight_smile:

1 Like

How far it is in the road-map to add material editor? :slight_smile:

1 Like

What kind of a material editor do you mean?

1 Like

Like the one we have with jMP. Node based material editing.

1 Like

I have many feature requests(shader editor, shader nodes editor, painting system/voxel terrain editor/etc) :slight_smile: Now Iā€™m working on UI, then I will take a random request and will start to implelent it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m still playing with carsā€¦

7 Likes

A plasma cannon.

And a night mission.

10 Likes