(July 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

I have created a noise utility for my noise library. I want to use it to create highmaps and maybe textures for my game.

9 Likes

it’s cool :slight_smile: , but why do you use SWING? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because I already knew the api :wink: this is a tool to test the noise settings. I export the settings and use them in the final game. I will not use the tool itself it in a game.

1 Like

hm… but in the case with javaFX, it’s easy to learn and you have JFXbuilder to make building UI easier :slight_smile:
but I understand your point :slight_smile:

1 Like

Isn’t jfx scene editor thing discontinued?

1 Like

mmm… sorry, what do you mean? :slight_smile:

1 Like

And for Swing you can use netbeans/the sdk as ui Builder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, but their builder is simpler than FXBuilder and they generate terrible code because SWING doesn’t have something like FXML. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m currently halfway through developing a 4-player split-screen clone of What the Box (allowing me to get a working game up and running quickly) which will slowly develop into something more advanced. It’s an FPS where each player controls an identical crate in a warehouse full of identical crates.

11 Likes

Yes and no - it’s no longer maintained by Oracle, but it’s been picked up by Gluon (the guys behind jfxports and Gluon Mobile) so for the moment it’s kept up reasonably well.

3 Likes

I’m working, in my spare time, on a game like Drug Wars. However this should be probably considered a parody as it takes place in an university campus and, instead of commercing drugs, every faction, made of students from the same faculty, trades characteristic but also no-sense objects, based on stereotypes and obviously on subjects it studies.

I’d like to preserve the classic Drug Wars gameplay but instead of just trading i plan to implement more features, like respect you have into the campus that makes you trading easier, the schoolwork you have to maintain to not be kicked out of the campus etc… and maybe a multiplayer mode in the feature as those type of games may get really boring after some hours.

7 Likes

You might want to plan an in-game psychological therapy feature to help combat the PTSD that in-game schoolwork could produce. :wink:

4 Likes

Well, it looks a bit too specific to me, but you may still want to ask sociology students in-game to do that while playing :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Meet the fireball :wink:

http://gph.is/2uGM8S7

26 Likes

Have made correct resizing of an editor render widow:

8 Likes

PBR Model:

10 Likes
10 Likes

Working on integrating water filter to the editor :slight_smile:

14 Likes

http://bit.ly/2tGmycM

14 Likes

Updated the integration water filter, added texture properties and reflection scene :slight_smile:

7 Likes