(July 2022) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

Why that cheeky little …er big orge! hahah
Question - so at 1:07 is that your new knockback animation? and then the hits after that are they the old?

2 Likes

Looks OK so far. PM me if you get stuck.

And thanks for sharing the video! Seeing DAC in use helps inspire me to work on it.

1 Like

No its all still the old system when the ogre is swinging.

The plan is to apply a dynamic force in the direction the ogre is swinging, and then that will serve as the new knockback animation.

Then for stagger animations, i will just be using a dynamic forces applied the DACs upper body while the legs walk backwards.

I just can’t show any of that in action yet since only half my models are setup to use DAC and i dont want to write extra code to support both systems now since thatll be useless once im using only the new one.

So this video is really just to show how a few different models look in the basic ragdoll mode, although its probably not the best demonstration considering the red circle around the enemy i have selected covers part of the view when they first fall over lol, but im trying to get in the habit of posting videos to my YT and twitter more frequently without getting too distracted or demotivated by the many imperfections and sloppy aspects of my game, otherwise id likely never post anything til the games basically finished lol and im hoping to gather some sort of audience before then if possible.

And of course any feedback or constructive criticsm on any parts of my game is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ohh I see

I thought the ragdoll looked great and the red circle didn’t really obstruct view.

more posts the merrier I love seeing what people are working on. It also reminds me of how my brother will fixate on a tiny little detail and I’m like, no one else is gonna notice. I don’t notice. On the flip side there have been times where something in code really bothers me or something I want to tweak or figure out and it…doesn’t really matter. lol. Not in that moment anyway. Of course some things are more noticeable and important than others but I think that there’s really a phenomenon that exists where if you spend so much time and are the one working on it you are much more critical than someone else would be.

So anyway yeah! Also selfishly our games are very similar so it’s fun to see ohh hmm donuts has that working cooool :joy: :face_with_peeking_eye:

Also on a side note for some reason one of my favorite things in games is killing large humanoids, trolls, ogres, giants. Perhaps I’m just a junky for the accompanying bass when they fall down. hahah.

Keep up the great work! look forward to seeing more :crossed_swords:

3 Likes