(June 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

I LOLd so hard reading this :smiley:
Best one is this though:

If You Can Read This Then You Are Literally Literate

Also you can add something like:
“No [insert some animal no one has ever heard of] were harmed in making this game”

1 Like

most funny was this one for me

1 Like

"If you need powerups then just look under there…

Hah, you just said underwear."

1 Like

HELLO HUMAN

iz good also

2 Likes

…library…

22 Likes

Pretty. Heck, some of those shots are good enough they could be the basis for environment maps. :slight_smile:

Hm, I don’t like this blurry overexposed style.

I think it looks really cool, reminds me of sort of an old Egyptian style. What is the story of the game again?

Also like @winhelp I think you could tone down the bloom a bit and perhaps turn on anti aliasing?

looks super cool but like @MoffKalast and @winhelp it’s much blurry.
maybe you can rename this the liblurry

2 Likes

Yeah, it looks a bit as if the main character was astigmatic, are you using fxaa instead of msaa by any chance?

1 Like

…lol…yes…its a bit oversaturated…i havent finished yet, just throw out what i have at the moment, but yes, it should be better to reconfigure settings a bit…hehe

1 Like

Sorry for the very poor quality of the vid… stuttering at the start is due to the recording and google downgraded the quality of the vid A LOT.

Anyway, shows the new stuff it supports:

• multiple paths per track
  • crossroads leading to multiple tracks
  • better driving AI

What it doesn’t show:

• editor’s extensive new path tools
  • other editor enhancements
7 Likes

Lol, nice! :smiley:
This is exactly what I had as my first JME Game ever.
Though I did the tube modelling in blender and it sucked and the physics and whatnot :stuck_out_tongue:

You just need MOAR SPEED! :wink:

1 Like

Hehe, thx :smile:

Tubes are procedural here, and 100 % of the circuit was made with my editor.

I can add some speed; currently trying to achieve the sensation of speed through other ways, but I will raise the max speed at some point. This being said, the higher the speed, the harder for the AI/path to avoid obstacles… but I have ways to deal with that.

Hi,

SkyHussars R6 is out

Release is available here:

The most important new features are:

• Number of maximum planes increased to 32.
  • No infinite bullets. Right now bullets have a range of 2km, after that they disappear.
  • Plane physics is now on a separate logic thread. Physics are multithreaded.
  • New background image in main menu with first SkyHussars logo.
  • New font for SkyHussars.
  • Very very very simple AI. It tries to keep the altitude, badly.
  • Slightly change ground texture configuration to make it look better.
  • Terrain features are changed, unfortunately water is not visible this time.

I had very limited time of development for this release, but I think it was quite succesful.

The obligatory video:

8 Likes

Got some more done on my “Death March” game:

The game is kind of like a cross between chess/checkers, battleship, and Minesweeper… if they ate a pack of D&D cards and had a baby.

You can see from his expended resources that he just placed a wizard. Time to probe for where he is using my archers.

For the super curious, a whole sequence of moves here:

11 Likes

I’ve recently released the first download of Ares:Dogfighter. Here’ a new gameplay vid to show progress:

I’ve had some people tell me they have performance problems, but it works fine for me (as is always the case). In the meantime I’m slowly adding features bit by bit.

7 Likes

Another screen taken from Skullstone, with 2nd style of dungeons.

16 Likes

Experimenting with Lemur and custom shaders. Custom shader overlays border icon with background icon as I don’t like to do it using geometry layering. (Shamelessly taken icons from Starcraft2 as placeholders.)

And a bit bigger version with ugly not scaled text.

4 Likes