(June 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Dat creature… Nightmare fuel…

3 Likes

After a bit of development time, I realised I was kind of painting myself into a corner putting all the GUI debug elements in-game. For one - you might already have a HUD. So where do I put the debug HUD? Secondly - there would be so many tabs and UI all over the screen that it becomes both unbearable and unworkable. And last but not least - how do you alternate between gameplay and HUD clicking? There is no uniform way.

So I went another route. It took me a lot of time to create re-useable components, but I’m on the way now. Materials, filters and all the other goodies are pretty easy to add now - which I’ll be doing over the next few days.

Forgive the amateur recording - I rarely record the whole screen. Thank you to my son for hooking me up :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been working on a game about eating food without getting caught.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

It should be ready for its first demo release very soon!

6 Likes

Nice! I like your flat shading style. :grinning:

13 Likes

A cool side effect from shadows bleeding through the cape creates a silhouette making the material look translucent for free…

sorry for the thread spam, it was just to cheeky not to post =P

15 Likes

I personally don’t mind more posts in this thread even when they are from the same folks.

6 Likes

I like the idea about scripting inside a model editor :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Excellent!

I’m working on integration standard particles to my editor:
http://imgur.com/a/FYqvC

8 Likes

Making good progress!

9 Likes

Playing with effects and particles. I think I need to ask my teammate to record some animated gifs. They are much better than still images.

10 Likes

14 Likes

I have finished chapter-16-physics-engine, feel myself hollowed out. :expressionless:

I take a simple experment to make students understand how physics engine works. Then I made code examples with both bullet and dyn4j.

Bullet Physics

Dyn4j

A basketball game

6 Likes

The most popular OS of users of my editor.

2 Likes

more statistics:

1 Like

Go Finland! Suomi mainittu, torilla tavataan!

1 Like

BVH plus MakeHuman: Using the Maud editor, I imported a 3-D model from MakeHuman 1.1.1 and animated it with a BVH motion-capture file. Here’s the result…

(BVH import code courtesy of @nehon. Music by P. I. Tchaikovsky.)

7 Likes

I’m working on particles also, for a ‘ghost’ like effect …

animated gif

I rendered out 4 100 frame long hq smoke animations from Blender, then ‘encode’ them to the rgba channels of one texture, which is used by the particle sprites.

EDIT: looks nasty from the side :wink:

15 Likes

Wow, @thetoucher, this actually looks extremely cool !!!

1 Like