(June 2018) Monthly WIP & Screenshot thread

Heheh. ColorChoosers are hard. Drop downs are easy. :slight_smile:

Edit: seriously, though… I will need a drop down combo box “real soon now” ™… so Lemur will get one. It’s the same reason it has a color chooser… because I needed one for something else.

I know this will look like more of the same… but it’s not:

I mean, it is… but it isn’t.

What we see here is me walking around a level in full up networked client/server mode… and the navgraph debug view is only available on the application hosting the game. So my player avatar, the cube, etc… are all SimEthereal networked and ready to go.

Still some more things to port before the ‘real’ version has all of the features of the prototype… but we’re getting there.

3 Likes

Are you using the mesh generator from posts before? Have you implemented some vertical stuff e.g. slopes, stairs …?

As I am lazy I searched the forum for colorchooser but somehow did not find it. When I had allmost finished the mesh example I found the class in lemur library that you have mentioned. But somehow I did not (or did not want) to understand the usage of transferring the java.awt.Color to JME color. It feelt a bit like university when we needed to do calculation in 4dimensional “rooms” to get the 3d volume of rotating bodies… I understand the transfer, but this java.awt color (and the java docs for it) is something I just dont like.
And the other reason was - I wanted to see if the mesh color gradient worked as expected.
Both color rectangles look the same. In the end I have not yet decided how and in which way I will use a colorchooser.

I have realized, that (if you have enough time) you allmost find everything in the JME forum, what of course is a good thing, if you do learning by doing and dont know that things exist. The Image raster thing e.g. I had no idea about such a concept and took it from the lemur library.

If that question is for me… then it’s not a mesh generate but a level generator from parts. So if I have parts with slopes and stairs then it will generate levels with slopes and stairs.

It’s more of a modeling problem than an algorithm problem.

Makes sense.

I’m not sure what this means unless you are saying that you wanted to use AWT color for some reason. Lemur’s ColorChooser uses JME’s ColorRGBA in its model.

com.simsilica.lemur.core.VersionedObject<com.jme3.math.ColorRGBA> getModel()

It only uses AWT color internally for the HSV stuff it has.

Clear enough answer. I just have my doubts does it worth to take my time or not for some random thoughts. (due to leak of knowledge and experience)

fluid sim took way too long to get working.

16 Likes

Exactly that HSV stuff! RGB is more logical for me. 1 more = a bit more of that color but HSV. After having a quick look to How to Use Color Choosers (The Java™ Tutorials > Creating a GUI With Swing > Using Swing Components) and to Color (Java Platform SE 7 ) I said to myself. Either I use the built in (in Lemur) Colorchooser or you just finish what you have started.

1 Like

What?

Ken, what happened to you?

What are we seeing?
A calculation matrix, a waypoint system?

sim-eth-es with AbstractClientService to work with messages, PhysicsSpace on server side, driver to move kinematic missile, hacks with BetterCharacterControl, MeshCollisionShape, heighmaps , HitPoints EntityComponent, “Health” AbstractGameSystem, “Loot” AbstractGameSystem, attached geometry on bone, maximo animations, 2k vertices character with normal map and reading math theorem during work.

1 Like

Just his gains from all that lifting I reckon

After an informal poll of my userbase, the most requested feature was an in game map. Luckily, I had developed most of the tech I needed to make it happen already and was able to bang out a solution in a few days. This is another case of a viewport hidden behind a nifty gui. The map is broken up into fragments which are saved in a folder and loaded as needed by an outside thread. I just need to add waypoints and it will be good to go.

9 Likes

pieces slowly fall into place :

15 Likes

just making a simple 3D racing game :slight_smile:

9 Likes

my fire is fire:

16 Likes

Working on a free DLC that’ll come out a bit after the game’s initial release:

7 Likes

Hi folks, here is a trailer of my long time in development Ship of the Line game (originally Heart of Oak). This is an old movie - updated version coming next month.

15 Likes