Just another blender topic

So yeah I’ve got problems exporting my blender model and importing it into jme. The tutorials is much better since I have last tried this. I’ve used xml in the past now I’m trying Wavefront .obj it does export and load but it looks broken/ not render properly here is this shot of it in game and in blender I don’t know whats wrong but when I used to use xml I had more or less the same problem. BTW: I used this how-to. Note that there is a black dot in the in-game shot that is because of when I hit screen shot the mouse cursor smudged the display.

I just modeled the model that the how-to tells you to. It loads just fine within jme, so what is my problem doesn't obj support my other model? or what… and btw what is the difference between using xml; obj; md2; md5 …

I’ve made a new more basic knife. Its made out of two “objects” so I have to load it with (node) BinaryImporter.getInstance().load(new ByteArrayInputStream(BO.toByteArray())); ok so it can be more basic but I wanted to test a model thats made out of more than one “object” because the one the tutorial shows you to make is made with only one “object”. I’ve got a shot of it in blender and in jme it look really good. (for me ;)) Now I’ve got another problem if I create the knife I set the bounds with a sphere and then the knife that is made of 2 objects gets two bounding spheres. This really doesn’t matter to me so much (that its two sphere’s and not just one) I only want it to react realistically example: If the current knife starts to roll the one side is bigger than the other one and that is not so cool :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok well I’ve just set it to bounding box and the knife reacts pretty realistically except for the momentum… here is a shot of the bounding sphere.

hmm, I just skimmed this as I am in a hurry right now, but try click 'triangulate' button when exporting .obj

also if exporting multiple objects try 'ctrl-j' in blender to join objects, that may help. gotta go good luck.

thx for the hot key I'm noob to blender just started yesterday… erm is there a way to convert a node to trimesh within jme so that i don't have to join them in blender not that I don't know how I'm just wondering…?

:edit

ps is there a way to give jme the link for the texture on the model because I don't want all my textures to be in my project root dir (or what ever dir I'm ruining the game from).

is there a way to convert a node to trimesh within jme so that i don't have to join them in blender

I dont think you can convert a node to a trimesh, if you load model as a node the trimesh will be attached as a child of that node. use node.getChild() to access the trimesh

is there a way to give jme the link for the texture on the model

converter.setProperty("texdir", url);