Last Chance - jME third person shooter

Hi there!

After 3 months and lot of troubles we finished our project!

The result is a third person shooter game with some physics…

We want to share it with the jme community so this is the project link on googlecode:

http://unical-3d-game.googlecode.com

The game is called Last Chance and was created for a university exam of java programming

Link to download the game: http://unical-3d-game.googlecode.com/files/LastChance.zip

Few instructions to play the game or import it on Eclipse: http://code.google.com/p/unical-3d-game/wiki/instructions

Hope you will like it :wink:

Looks cool, I only walked around a bit until now but maybe I'm gonna play a bit more later…

I found that the game is compiled for Java 1.6, which I cannot use on my Machine (32bit Intel Mac). Is the game depedent on Java1.6? If not, I'd suggest compiling it for Java 1.5 which will make it compatible for more users. Like this I can only play on my TV-MacMini :frowning:

Also, the lwjgl native libraries seem to be included, but the jars are missing? I had to download lwjgl myself and put it in the global java classpath folder to start the game.

Anyway, keep rocking like this :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Normen

Didn't work on XP x64; as soon as I start (or load, from the pre-existing file) the game it freezes on the loading screen without indicating any progress. I will try again on my Ubuntu 9.10 x64.

There are a couple typos in your wiki that you might wanna fix. Upon first look:

Istructions -> Instructions

The > at the end of the download link becomes part of the link and ruins the one-click-download. Put a space between there.

Looks promising, so I hope I can get it working :slight_smile:

Edit: Worked just fine on Ubuntu.

erlend_sh said:

Didn't work on XP x64; as soon as I start (or load, from the pre-existing file) the game it freezes on the loading screen without indicating any progress. I will try again on my Ubuntu 9.10 x64.

I think its the same problem I had: lwjgl is missing.. Also was stuck at the loading progress indicator.

worked for me, win xp 32, java 1.6 and lwjgl everywhere…

high score: 20 :smiley:

Worked for me as well! Good job…looked quite nice!

normen said:

erlend_sh said:

I think its the same problem I had: lwjgl is missing.. Also was stuck at the loading progress indicator.

Ditto for Win7 x64
normen said:

Looks cool, I only walked around a bit until now but maybe I'm gonna play a bit more later..

I found that the game is compiled for Java 1.6, which I cannot use on my Machine (32bit Intel Mac). Is the game depedent on Java1.6? If not, I'd suggest compiling it for Java 1.5 which will make it compatible for more users. Like this I can only play on my TV-MacMini :(

Also, the lwjgl native libraries seem to be included, but the jars are missing? I had to download lwjgl myself and put it in the global java classpath folder to start the game.

Anyway, keep rocking like this :)

Cheers,
Normen

I think it can't be compiled for java 1.5...but you can try!! the package LastChance.zip contains the eclipse project with all the sources, so you can import it in your IDE and make every change you like ;)

About the lwjgl...we just used the jars contained in the jme package (from svn) so I don't know why you can't find them...the native libraries are in a separeted folder just for the launch scripts

I'll make more tries when I'll find a mac ;)

erlend_sh said:

There are a couple typos in your wiki that you might wanna fix. Upon first look:
Istructions -> Instructions

The > at the end of the download link becomes part of the link and ruins the one-click-download. Put a space between there.

Looks promising, so I hope I can get it working :)

Edit: Worked just fine on Ubuntu.

thanks for finding our typos ;)

I never tried the game on a 64bit windows system....
I just tried it on 32/64bit GNU/Linux systems, widnows xp and windows seven 32 bit...and it worked..
I just hoped there aren't troubles on 64bit windows platforms...I really don't know what to do to fix this problem!

But you are free to add or change everything in the source code to fix the problem..I think it is always the best solution!

PS: sorry for my English...I am italian ;)

I want to try this game too, the links are not anymore working, so does anyone still have the files? and if yes, can someone please reupload it? Thanks.

Some of these links still seemed active:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/unical-3d-game/downloads

I was trying to figure out how to make 3rd person, surely this will help a lot

Or maybe not, since it is for jME2. If you want to learn then you REALLY should do the tutorial instead. Unless your users are some OpenGL1 weirdos.

we have a tutorial for that?, show me, I didn’t know

These covers a lot of stuff

https://jmonkeyengine.github.io/wiki/jme3.html#tutorials_for_beginners

yeah I have been coding them, but I wanted something more specific

What do you think is specifically missing from the tutorials.

I mean, I would like a tutorial that tell you how to make third person shooter, with everything, since conception of game until crate executables.

The tutorials have exactly that though. Cursor, raytracking, picking, moving. that’s an FPS

1 Like