[SOLVED] [Lemur] Center the background of a panel

So,

I’ve been doing some kind of notification queue for our game.
The actual queue works fine, no problem there.

But I was wondering, Is it possible to align a QuadBackgroundComponent to the center of a Panel (more presciently, a Label), rather that having it stretched to fit the Panel?

Here’s a mock-up of what I’m trying to achieve:

https://www.gamedev.net/uploads/monthly_2018_05/mockHud2.png.f230f250a256c5123df80eab983975b6.png

Notice the green lines. They should technically always have the same length … The content can also overflow as long as it remains relative centered.

I’ve been trying many ways to do it but I feel as if the answer is right below my nose. Any help is appreciated.

If the green lines never grow then you could treat it like two separate GUI elements that just happen to be over one another.

As one GUI element, it sounds like what you really want is a centered IconComponent that just happens to be in the background. So if you were looking to write something custom then that might be a place to start.

The IconCompontent [quote=“pspeed, post:2, topic:40540”]
As one GUI element, it sounds like what you really want is a centered IconComponent that just happens to be in the background. So if you were looking to write something custom then that might be a place to start.
[/quote]

The IconComponent did the trick. Thanks.