Lib folder for linux and windows

Hi everyone, I'm a little confused about the lib folder and the files I have to use on linux and windows. When I started I downloaded a game example that came with these files below:

Quote:
jinput-dx8.dll      jme-terrain.jar        lwjgl_applet.jar
jinput.jar          jogg-0.0.7.jar        lwjgl.dll
jinput-raw.dll      jorbis-0.0.15.jar      lwjgl-fmod3.dll
jme-audio.jar        junit-4.1.jar          lwjgl_fmod3.jar
jme-awt.jar          libjinput-linux.so    lwjgl.jar
jme-collada.jar      libjinput-osx.jnilib  lwjgl_test.jar
jme-editors.jar      liblwjgl64.so          lwjgl_util_applet.jar
jme-effects.jar      liblwjgl-fmod3.jnilib  lwjgl_util.jar
jme-font.jar        liblwjgl-fmod3.so      mvn-lib-install
jme-gamestates.jar  liblwjgl.jnilib        odejava.dll
jme.jar              liblwjgl.so            odejava-jni.jar
jme-model.jar        libodejava64.so        OpenAL32.dll
jme-physics-all.jar  libodeja
I'm aware that .dll files are windows only but I'm not sure about linux files, I think they are those .so files. So my question is if anyone knows which files are required on each system.
Thanks in advance.

.so = linux

.dll = windows

.jnilib = Mac OSX

.jar = java library

on linux some 64 bit compiled .so files are provided along side the 32 bit ones. OSX and Windows is only 32 bit afaik.

Thanks, just to recap, these files (.dll, .so, .jnilib) are native for each platform to access the hardware, right?

Yes (even though it is not necessarily to access the hardware, it could be to access a precompiled library written in another language as well).

llama said:

on linux some 64 bit compiled .so files are provided along side the 32 bit ones. OSX and Windows is only 32 bit afaik.

Actually I didn't know this, what is the reason for only Linux?

I don't think anyone who develops LWJGL has any 64 bit windows machines. And Java 5 is only available in 32 bit for OSX I think. Also, for linux it is a little bit harder to run 32 bit programs in a 64 bit enviroment than in windows, while it is probably a lot easier to (cross) compile a 64 bit version of LWJGL.

I've run jME on 64 bit windows with 64 libraries and VM for quite a while, however the user who did the 64 bit lwjgl builds on the forum here stopped doing them (and I no longer have a 64 bit PC by now).