Link to "how to get started" article

Found this on G+… thought it might be interesting to some of you.

It’s the Super Meatboy creator providing his general answer to “How do I get started programming games?”

http://supermeatboy.com/134/How_do_I_get_started_programming_games___/#b

Reasonable insights. I get asked this question a lot also so now I have something nice to point to.

Nice article :smiley:

Huh, thought I had retweeted this one already. Well, doneskies!

I think my favorite line is this one:

You don’t need my animation exporter to make your game. One day I will offer these tools to developers, but this won’t happen for a long time so don’t wait for them.
I know I've fallen prey to this one myself more times than I care to count. It gets so easy to put off whatever awesome idea you had when Tool X that would make the job just a little bit easier for you isn't quite out the door yet.
@erlend_sh said: Huh, thought I had retweeted this one already. Well, doneskies!

I think my favorite line is this one:

You don’t need my animation exporter to make your game. One day I will offer these tools to developers, but this won’t happen for a long time so don’t wait for them.
I know I've fallen prey to this one myself more times than I care to count. It gets so easy to put off whatever awesome idea you had when Tool X that would make the job just a little bit easier for you isn't quite out the door yet.

And on the other side of it, it’s important to remember that you are writing a game and not 20 different frameworks. I plan to have this mantra tattooed on the backs of both of my hands. :wink: