Linkage Error / Version mismatch

At last, i’ve “managed” to check out jME from CVS in Eclipse.

Wasn’t too difficult, thanks to that nice guide here.

(except waiting for about an HOUR to get the activation mail for the java.net account -_-)

I also set the library jars in the project properties as described in the guide.

jME seems to build correctly. No red error icons or stuff.

And now my problem:

I tried to test the TestPQTorus (and others).

And i got the error

java.lang.LinkageError: Version mismatch: jar version is ‘0.98’, native libary version is ‘0.96’

at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:73)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:104)

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLPropertiesDialog.<init>(LWJGLPropertiesDialog.java:146)

at com.jme.app.AbstractGame.getAttributes(AbstractGame.java:181)

at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(BaseGame.java:59)

at jmetest.renderer.TestPQTorus.main(TestPQTorus.java:75)

No. 1 what wonders me:

Eclipse downloaded the LWJG stuff from the CVS repository, too. How can it be incompatible?

But the story continues:

Of course, i searched the forums, finding this

So i downloaded LWJGL 0.98 and replaced the (brand new) LWJGL files in the jME project’s lib folder (.jars and .dll’s) with the (even newer and definitely 0.98) files from the LWJGL page.

And then…

java.lang.LinkageError: Version mismatch: jar version is ‘0.98’, native libary version is ‘0.96’

at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:73)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:104)

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLPropertiesDialog.<init>(LWJGLPropertiesDialog.java:146)

at com.jme.app.AbstractGame.getAttributes(AbstractGame.java:181)

at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(BaseGame.java:59)

at jmetest.renderer.TestPQTorus.main(TestPQTorus.java:75)

and that’s No. 2 what wonders me…

Well, it looks like you build just fine.  The problem is that you have a .96 version of lwjgl's binary lib (eg. lwjgl.dll on windows) somewhere.  If when you run you are not specifying the lib directory for your system libs, you are probably defaulting to the working directory of your project.  Is lwjgl.dll there?  It's probably old.

Did you rebuild your project? (refresh / Project -> Clean…)

For the rest, I suggest you search your system for any lwjgl.dll files in weird places.

renanse said:

Well, it looks like you build just fine.