Linux Keyboard cannot be switched when open jme Window

Hello everyone!
I have a problem , i cannot switch keyboard or get keyboard focus in linux pc.

how can I fix it?
thanks.

I develop exclusively in Linux. I have had no such problems. Your going to have to elaborate and at least explain in a bit more detail what is not working and the context.

Also include Linux distro and version.

In Linux system, after JME operation, try to switch the input method to respond, such as I want to enter the Chinese in textfield control, or switch betweeen lowercase and capital , the keyboard is not responding to, what do you think or what method can solve this problem? Thank you very much.

------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------
发件人: “delt0r”;noreply@jmonkeyengine.org;
发送时间: 2016年12月18日(星期天) 上午7:19
收件人: "小涡流@P孩"1569454083@qq.com;

主题: [jMonkeyEngine Hub] Linux Keyboard cannot be switched when open jmeWindow

delt0r               
           December 17                        

I develop exclusively in Linux. I have had no such problems. Your going to have to elaborate and at least explain in a bit more detail what is not working and the context.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Again, i just don’t follow. Your trying to enter Chinese into a jME game UI (almost 100% that won’t work), into the jME SDK (its netbeans, so i expect Chinese to be supported). Or something else. I also don’t really know what “after jme operation” really means. Do You mean that once you finished with jME or a jME game, you can no longer access these extra input options?

I realize English is not your first language. But we still need far more explanation in order for us to help.

Note that i have never used anything but Latin lanuages and as such don’t need any extra characters.

:joy:In the Linux system running JME, when I try to have written in a niftyGUI textfiled input content, switch in English input Linux system Ubuntu input method, this input method can not get response.
In other words, the input method on the Linux can not respond when I write niftyGUI textfiled input method switching or running JME input method switching:blush:I’m sorry, my English sucks. Hope you can understand.:laughing:Thank you for your warm help.

I tried the same thing earlier today, and when the JME program is running, the keypress to switch languages (control-space for me) gets eaten and the language doesn’t change.

I run Lubuntu 16.04 with the Fcitx IME.

have you resolved the situation?

I think he is saying that if he starts jme, changes language whilst still started, then attempts to type, it still operates as if no change to the language was made. Is this maybe a java locale thing? If so, it might only get queried on start of the app. Im not certain.

:laughing:Thank God, you’re right. What good solution do you have?Thank you :smile:

That is tricky. If i am correct, the jvm will query the locale upon startup (when the game begins) and not check again. You can do this manually (maybe an appstate would be best or maybe even an onFocus event on the window) by checking the system locale again periodically and then setting it programatically.

See this link for more information on how to do that.

:laughing:Thank you for your warm help.I’ll try.:joy::smiley:

Alos, if you use LWJGL3, it has other input back-end and it works better than LWJGL2 on Linux systems.