Listener-Propagation & Tab-Key & Resize+ScrollArea issues with tonegod gui

@t0neg0d

Ok, it seems like it’s working but now there’s another bug with the scrollarea.

Try to make the window really small so the button disappears and the scrollBar appears.

Now make the window big again -> the button got a different position.

@h1ghst0r3y said: Ok, it seems like it's working but now there's another bug with the scrollarea.

Try to make the window really small so the button disappears and the scrollBar appears.

Now make the window big again -> the button got a different position.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I need to have a look at this outside of the multi-nested instance to see where the issue lies. The quick fix for the scrollbars showing up is to set a minimum size to the window to stop this from every happening. However, this doesn’t account for the other issue you are seeing. Give me a bit to see if I can repo this in a simpler form so I don’t go chasing the wrong thing.

1 Like

The thing is: I need the ScrollArea functionality - otherwise i could just use a Panel.
That means i need several Buttons or say Elements inside the ScrollArea with the ability to scroll.

It has to do something with the scrollTo() methods. As soon as i scroll up on the already scrolled up ScrollArea it refreshes the positions (even if there is no scrollBar).

Thanks for looking into this :slight_smile:

Maybe this helps: I guess the same method that is used to calculate the position of elements in the ScrollArea is the same in scrollTo() and resize(). Because when i scroll up the element has the same position as it would have when i resized with the default docking. Only that it refreshes now on scroll up and not on resize.

@h1ghst0r3y said: The thing is: I need the ScrollArea functionality - otherwise i could just use a Panel. That means i need several Buttons or say Elements inside the ScrollArea with the ability to scroll.

It has to do something with the scrollTo() methods. As soon as i scroll up on the already scrolled up ScrollArea it refreshes the positions (even if there is no scrollBar).

Thanks for looking into this :slight_smile:

The good news is, TebControl uses Panels not ScrollAreas, so it should be easier to track down and fix. I’ll let you know as soon as I find it. =)

@t0neg0d Just added a comment on the earlier post, will add again for better trackability:

Maybe this helps: I guess the same method that is used to calculate the position of elements in the ScrollArea is the same in scrollTo() and resize(). Because when i scroll up the element has the same position as it would have when i resized with the default docking. Only that it refreshes now on scroll up and not on resize.

1 Like

Any updates on the issues? How’s your surgery going? :S

Issue #2 the thing with the TAB-key not getting sent to the Textfield is quite urgent.

@h1ghst0r3y said: Any updates on the issues? How's your surgery going? :S

Issue #2 the thing with the TAB-key not getting sent to the Textfield is quite urgent.

Sorry… I’m still one surgery out from being done. I go for the consult on the 28th and then the final surgery is 1 week after.

Is this using Form? Or? Oh… I see… you actually need the TAB key event forwarded. I’ll see what I can do with this, though it will have to wait until tomorrow (forgot it was mother’s day when saying I would be available today… kids had my day planned for me and now we’re off to dinner =)