Looking for volunteers to experiment Alchemist, an entity editor in alpha test

Can you be more specific?[quote=“atomixnmc, post:20, topic:35137”]

• Do you have a spec for data format of the project, if there is a saved form?
    [/quote]

This chapter of the wiki discribes it. Don’t hesitate to ask questions !

I planned to create a processor that execute scripts written in javascript or whatnot. It would allow to add features without compiling the project at each change, but offers less performances and would be external to the editor (like visual studio is external to Unity)

The project Alchemist is paused now, but I would be glad to help running/enhancing it if someone is willing to work with it.

1 Like

Groovy ?

4 Likes

Sorry for long delay feedback.

Can we extend it with some magic annotations?

JME3 SDK based in Netbean platform. It’s moved from XML configurations to Annotations based recently. XML annotations is so out-of-date right now. If you can make something extends, let make it via couple of annotations in the header of a Java class, it’s fast and easier to understand and keep track of.

To compare to Unity, they also can extend editor via C# script with some annotations to hook into Menu, Tab panel or even Build processing.

Long story short: Extending is what every editor user need, if you have a good base editor and let people extend it give them an easy way!

1 Like

I’m checking it out right now! At least I will give you some feedbacks.

1 Like

I agree with that. At first, I wanted to put annotations in components to allow editor to change behavior. But I’ve been convinced not to, using java bean instead. This approach was a complete failure. I found it too heavy, hard to expand and organize for very little benefit, and I promised myself to use annotations from now :slight_smile:

So there is not much use of annotations atm in Alchemist but it is a welcome addition.

In my fast honest opinion, you look like trying to release monsters out of the box. I’m impressed.