Ludum Dare 23 is coming

I’m interested whether anyone besides me does participate in next weekend’s Ludum Dare 48 hour competition?

If so: The first round of theme voting is up.

How frequent is Ludum Dare 48?

3 times per year.

Last time round about 800 programmer participated. For this 10th year anniversary they hope for 1000 participants.

It’s really fun and you have the nice feeling of having something done after it :wink:

Everyone try it

3 times. Is there any fixed date?

wow assholes, they doing it on my busiest weekend of the year, can u please tell them to do it 2 weekends after, thanks @enum I appreciate it

no way :).

Hmm, if I get the time and the theme is interesting, I might try to make a game for Ludum Dare this time, might be fun.

It’s in April, August and December. In December it was at the 17th to 18th . Maybe everytimes the weekend before the last weekend of a month?^^ I don’t exactly know but it will be announced after this weekend I guess.

Edit: The last 2 times you could watch Notch livestreaming himself while doing his game. This encouraged me to participate in last december.

Is anyone else participating in this Ludum Dare?

I’m on it.

Although I got a little cold and making many breaks I’m optimistic to finish the game until the end^^

I’m in.

Think I will finish but mainly beacuse I scaled down the scope very much. I expect that my game will be fun for maybe 30-60 seconds before it gets boring :slight_smile:

Heh, yeah, my game is quite limited in scope as well, but it certainly is a tiny world. :wink:

Good luck to you!

Perhaps you could link to your games here when it’s over, so we can all try them?

2 Likes

Too tired to go on, submitting my entry as it is. I’d say it isn’t even 30 seconds worth of fun :smiley:

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?uid=10838

The source is an awful mess, but hey, as a jME3-noob I learned how not to do things and that isn’t nothing.

3,5 hours left, I’m ill, slept badly last night and have to implement a relatively smart AI (because that’s the fun part of the game). Fun :smiley:

I’m done^^

Not perfect but I have no motivation anymore:

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?action=preview&uid=8184

Thanks for the links!

I’ll definitely have a look at them later - right now I’m too tired. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s my game, finished just in time, but with only two levels (though more can easily be added, I ran out of time):

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?action=preview&uid=11729

1 Like

Playtested and rated both of your entries :wink:

Now that I slept well this night, I’m a bit more awake. The result is that I now noticed how bad my programming was^^ Could have had things so much easier^^

1 Like
@Tumaini said:
Thanks for the links!
I'll definitely have a look at them later - right now I'm too tired. :P
Here's my game, finished just in time, but with only two levels (though more can easily be added, I ran out of time):
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-23/?action=preview&uid=11729

The intro screen looks really nice but when I click "Start" I get an error :(

Apr 23, 2012 12:09:34 PM com.jme3.app.Application handleError
SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
com.jme3.renderer.RendererException: compile error in:ShaderSource[name=MatDefs/Spectrum.frag, defines, type=Fragment] error:ERROR: 0:22: 'f' : syntax error syntax error

at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.updateShaderSourceData(LwjglRenderer.java:1002)
at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.updateShaderData(LwjglRenderer.java:1040)

I'm on OS X, Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
1 Like

If it helps to find the issue: On GeForce GTX 560 TI it works.

Just the credits button is dead :wink:

1 Like

you both had nice games, which ran fine

@Tumaini said:
Here's my game, finished just in time, but with only two levels (though more can easily be added, I ran out of time):

I think you should have checked for mouse clicks, instead of mouse releases. I had to preemptively hold the mouse down until the electron went over it and release.

But very fun games! u2
1 Like