Ludum Dare #29

Hey people,

Who is going to participate in this weekends upcoming Ludum Dare #29?

I am very excited and can’t wait…

Hey,

i try to make a 2d game with tonegods 2d framework.

I hope i can handle this in the time limit =)

Excellent, good luck with it then.
I really hope more jMonkey people can participate!!!

Come on guys and girls, lets show them what jME is capable of.

2 Likes

Good luck with yours too =)

how are you guys doing so far? :slight_smile:

Man, I am tired and want to sleep…
It has been very good.
Almost done, game mechanics is done, all that is left is creating the levels.
Very excited to finish.

Here is a preview of my game:

6 Likes

Hey, i dont programm a game i havent the time for it im ill :frowning: and @ndebruyn it looks good =)

Wow… in 2 days… very nice.

Hi guys,
For anyone interested, here is my finished game link and you can play it :
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-29/?action=preview&uid=32655

[video]- YouTube

3 Likes

Looks pretty cool.

Wow… that looks really cool!

Any thoughts of porting it to Android?

EDIT: I’ll hopefully have ‘wow, that was really fun!’ feedback a little later on today. Gonna take me a bit, however… I see in the video that there is keyboard support… is there any joystick support currently?

Thanks for the kind words.
I am making a lot of use of the Lighting in jME and lighting on android is basically a no no, so if I can plan levels
that doesn’t need the lighting or improve it in some way, I will definitely port it.
Also I do not have any joystick support currently, but want to add it.

Did you enter the Jam?

@ndebruyn said: Thanks for the kind words. I am making a lot of use of the Lighting in jME and lighting on android is basically a no no, so if I can plan levels that doesn't need the lighting or improve it in some way, I will definitely port it. Also I do not have any joystick support currently, but want to add it.

Did you enter the Jam?

I didn’t… I had a a doc visit during that time which would have kept me from participating. Should be able to next time though… looks like it would be fun!

You probably already know this, but adding joystick support is really easy in JME (Well, I say that only having an xbox 360, playstation and a logitec to test with… however those have been a no brainer).

I love this type of game and am quite jealous at how fast you were able to put it together :wink: Such a good job!

Thanks again. I never before tried the joystick support but I am sure it is very easy. Everything else that the jMonkeyEngine gives us is really not too difficult! I really enjoy working with jME…

Anyways, If you are interested here is a timelapse video of the 48 hours

[video]Lost Beneath - Timelapse - YouTube

1 Like
@ndebruyn said: Thanks again. I never before tried the joystick support but I am sure it is very easy. Everything else that the jMonkeyEngine gives us is really not too difficult! I really enjoy working with jME...

Anyways, If you are interested here is a timelapse video of the 48 hours

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i7DO2eHcWA[/video]

Oh wow… that’s really cool. If you don’t mind me asking, what did you use to record the timelapse vid?

I used Chronolapse.
It works very well. Easy!

1 Like