Lwjgl 0.8

0.8 has been released and I have implemented it. It has been committed with the latest input commit. The required files will be in the lib directory of jME. There has been one change that will break the build if you do not upgrade your LWJGL.

lwjgl 0.8 isn’t a major update like 0.7 then :?

Haven’t had time to look, but I assume class sturcture hasn’t changed much?

No, it’s fairly minor. I had to make one line of code change. The biggest deal with 0.8 is bug fixes and the Mac OS X release. Speaking of which, if anyone has access to a Mac, I’d love to see if jME is working properly.

"mojomonk" wrote:
No, it's fairly minor. I had to make one line of code change. The biggest deal with 0.8 is bug fixes and the Mac OS X release. Speaking of which, if anyone has access to a Mac, I'd love to see if jME is working properly.

i have one that i test my fun work stuff on :) i havent tried any lwjgl stuff on it, but i wanted to... here's my excuse... what do you want me to try?
what do you want me to try?

Anything really, first make sure it works at all. Then I guess go through the tests see if basic graphics stuff works, input and sound. I'd really appreciate it.

If anyone wants to donate a nice new G5 with a 23" Cinema Display just let me know. ;)

NOTE: Many tests don’t have a way of exiting except clicking the close button of the window, but LWJGL doesn’t support windowed mode yet. So you’ll have to figure out how to close it.

"mojomonk" wrote:
NOTE: Many tests don't have a way of exiting except clicking the close button of the window, but LWJGL doesn't support windowed mode yet. So you'll have to figure out how to close it.

first i have to figure out how to update to java 1.4 - cant get the live update thing to recognize that it needs it... macs are so hard to use :)

I know that you can do software updates from the terminal. I don’t remember how though, check www.macosxhints.com they might have the answer.

hey mojo…

do you have an example built somewhere for lwjgl 0.8 that i could try on the mac? i grabbed your character control demo, but i am getting Window exceptions, which i think was one of the few things that are a bit different in 0.8

i am still having problems with java 1.4 too, so i am not sure where the problem really lies just yet

thanks

I’ll try to get something that you can work with together. I’m having a bit of CVS issues at the moment though. I’ll let you know.

"mojomonk" wrote:
I'll try to get something that you can work with together. I'm having a bit of CVS issues at the moment though. I'll let you know.

thanks... no rush...

This may fix your java 1.4 issue. Try:

sudo installer -pkg Desktop/Java1.4.1.pkg -target /

in the console.

"mojomonk" wrote:
This may fix your java 1.4 issue. Try:

sudo installer -pkg Desktop/Java1.4.1.pkg -target /

in the console.

sweet thanks... now i need to find that java package... the mac os hints say to get it from the mac downloads site, but i dont see it anywhere... this stuff sucks! :x

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/java/

EDIT: Shoot, actually it looks like that’s just the normal update service. Ignore that.

"mojomonk" wrote:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/java/

thanks... i've been all over that site and they want to me to use the mac software updater to get java... it doesnt think i need it or something. i know it is not on the computer already and the only thing they say is that you have to be running OS X 10.2.6 and i am running 10.2.8 - if i can find the .pkg file and download it then i can try the sudo command you gave me earlier... i will keep looking.

What’s interesting is in the documentation is says: Use Software Update or download java1.4.1.pkg from the downloads section. Searching the downloads shows no java packages.

"mojomonk" wrote:
What's interesting is in the documentation is says: Use Software Update or download java1.4.1.pkg from the downloads section. Searching the downloads shows no java packages.

yep... like i said, these mac are so hard to work with :D

Well, their website sure as hell is. :slight_smile:

"mojomonk" wrote:
Well, their website sure as hell is. :)

well, i just put in a support question to apple... hopefully someone will tell me where to find that package or something

Just got word from my brother (a big Mac guy) that the file package was pulled due to some issues with Panther. I think swpalmer said the same on JGO.