LWJGL 64 Bits

Hello, I'm an intermediate programmer, (I'm not native english or w/e) I have a problem running my application.

I'm using NetBeans 6.8, I have a 64 Bit Windows 7 Operating System and I have 64 bit jdk. I get this exception when I try to run my application:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:UsersLucaDocumentsNetBeansProjectsjME2jME2_0_1-Stablelibliblwjglnativewindowslwjgl.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

I searched these forums, google and I couldn't find an answer, I tried to rename native lwjgl libraries but they didn't work. can someone help me?. thanks  :D.

luchky16 said:

I searched these forums, google and I couldn't find an answer, I tried to rename native lwjgl libraries but they didn't work. can someone help me?. thanks  :D.

I cannot really imagine that, the first four posts that I got when entering "64bit" into the search all contained the answer: Download the current version of lwjgl from http://www.lwjgl.org

JMonkey already has the 64 bit but it doesn't load… and I thought there was another way without downloading the lastest lwjgl, thanks  :slight_smile:

make sure your using LWJGL 2.2+, anything below that doesn't support Windows 7 64bit, I think.

faust is right, i had the same issue a few days ago, you need to use lwjgl 2.2 or higher.

I guess jme should update the libs soon again, but 2.2 has some issues, it might be better to wait for 2.3

see http://lwjgl.org/forum/index.php/topic,3189.0.html

2.3 should go out this weekend.

great, i'll update the libs when they are available and all test still work properly

I have functional LWJGL on 64bit Windows 7 with Eclipse.

You need copy native libraries from libliblwjglnativewindows* to your project directory

jinput-dx8.dll

jinput-raw.dll

lwjgl.dll

lwjgl64.dll

OpenAL32.dll

OpenAL64.dll

I've been using LWJGL 64 bit with my windows 7 for a very long time. I've tested jME3 on two machines with win7 64 bit and it works there perfectly. Are you sure you're using the proper LWJGL version?

:?

I am goting the same problem.

I am using JME 2 from download site.

It works in linux, linux 64, xp, vista, vista 64 and w7 32.

So in w7 64 dont work, I think, maybe the latest version of lwjgl will fix it.

If anyone have the solution please send how version of lwjgl works in w7 64 with jmonkey 2

ty all

LWJGL 2.4.2 is out, you should try that first.

I've also been running 64-bit LWJGL under W7 without problems for many months…  Nonetheless, we're updating jME2 to 2.4.2 this week… :slight_smile:

:smiley:

I found the solution.

Adding a lwjgl version 2.4 with the JME. the problem of the dll is fixed.

Second problem:

After resource this, I got:

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated

And the solution for second problem is:

Use a windows update and update or install your driver for your video card.

You can do it, right click in your desktop -> Resolution -> Advanced configuration -> Properties -> Driver -> Update Driver

TY ALL

GL

What's the video card?  Most computers ship with fairly up to date drivers these days and the folks that build them are more often than not obsessive about drivers :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you got it working though and thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Unfortunately windows vista and 7 don't come with video card drivers :frowning: You must use windows update to get them, and usually the version there is a few behind the latest ones too.

I try run in my job w7 pcs.

The video cards are onboard chipset intel.

Here in my home I only use linux, one with ati and another with gforce without problems.

TY