Macaq Script and Editor

Hey - Going to dive into this soonish. Thank you for making this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m not sure the current plugin works as intended. There may be some dependency problems. I’m trying to fix them this week. Once I do, the editor will have a bunch of improvements as well. So you might just as well wait a bit longer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally fixed the issues so that I can get on with proper development again. Never thought classloaders could cause so much trouble.

A bunch of news in this release too.

Autocomplete for names of spatials in the properties:
Imgur

It selects from the nodes available in SceneExplorer, so finally there is a bridge between the two. I hope to be able to use this more.

Larger canvas. Being restricted to the window size is quite limiting, so I made the canvas 4000x4000. (“Ought to be enough…”)

There’s also a new way of making use of Macaq for just about anything in your project, with little coding. More on that later (requires a guide of its own).

4 Likes

I’ve updated the plugins with a new component PlayAnimation, which does what it says. You can control an AnimControl through it. It also receives the onAnimationCycleDone and onAnimationChange events so that you can use those to trigger other things.

I also added a tutorial for that;
http://macaqscript.org/tutorial-play-animations/

The full example used in the tutorial as well as the other tutorial on the site are available here:

2 Likes

New update.

• A drag and drop palette for components has been added
  • The editor has had a few UX improvements and a couple of pitfalls have been closed.
  • Script has the “Start” component added from the start.
  • Notify AppState component added. Generic component for communicating with AppStates (tutorial coming).
  • Refactoring means any “Notify” components previously added will not work.
  • The palette plugin is integrated into the editor plugin. Probably more of them will be in future releases, so there will be less plugins to download.

So far there’s been a lot of focus on controlling spatials, but Notify AppState is a first step towards controlling the application as well. It’s a generic, albeit a bit cumbersome way, of communicating with your own AppState’s, meaning just about anything is possible.

I think I will have to take a step back now and work more on the editor part for the next update. There are some pretty wide gaps in the user experience right now. As always, feedback is welcome from the brave who dare to use this in its current state.

2 Likes