Make the laser beam more shiny/vivid

Ok as I now managed to make that laser beam, I would like to make it a bit vivid. I would like to make it gloom but only the laser beam not the entire scene (bloom filter does it for the entire scene). I started with an own shader/material and already can play with the color. Any examples or pointer would be nice.

EDIT: I would even go further and make a curly surface. ok maybe curly is the wrong word just vivid some how to make it look more like laser beam. But I think to make it gloomy is my first try…

GlowMode.Objects? And set a GlowColor/GlowMap.

I tried once that glow mode but it had no effect so I guess I missed something, seems that glow map then (actually no clue what exactly that is)…

https://jmonkeyengine.github.io/wiki/jme3/advanced/bloom_and_glow.html

Scroll to the part with the tank.

1 Like

We will have trouble telling you what’s wrong with code that we can’t see.

So then all we are left is to say that GlowMode and GlowColor are all you need.

Yes I guess you guys already gave me the right pointers. I think now it is clear, I missed the glow color/map part.

Material mat = new Material(getAssetManager(), "Common/MatDefs/Misc/SolidColor.j3md");
    mat.setColor("Color", ColorRGBA.Green);
    mat.setColor("GlowColor", ColorRGBA.Green);
    fpp=new FilterPostProcessor(assetManager);
    bloom= new BloomFilter(BloomFilter.GlowMode.Objects);
    fpp.addFilter(bloom);
    viewPort.addProcessor(fpp);

I tried this from the proposed link above, and I get a

com.jme3.asset.AssetNotFoundException: Common/MatDefs/Misc/SolidColor.j3md

So I guess this is either too new or too old. I guess it should be Unshaded.j3md, right?
EDIT: Unshaded did the trick, so maybe somebody can fix the wiki then?

1 Like

I somehow expected that… but I hoped for a pointer? Something? I mean sure I can :slight_smile:
I‘ll have a look tomorrow if I find out how, seems to be too obvious

:slight_smile: I’m actually not sure either… or I’d have posted it. I was looking for an excuse to use that video…

I think it’s done through github now or something.

:smile:

4 Likes

I’m glad you guys have fun :smile:
Meanwhile I did a pull request with my proposed fix…

1 Like