Making 3d Lemur GUIs a reasonable size

I’m trying to incorporate a lemur UI within the 3D world, as described here this can be done by just attaching the panel to any node in the 3d world and it should just work (and indeed it does!), however the resultant GUI is HUGE

Which makes sense as I assume 1 pixel == 1 meter.

So I started trying to sort that out, initially I was changing everything individually (setting the font size to 0.1f etc) to get it to a reasonable size, which was working but was laborious. I then tried setting the Spatial’s local scale to 0.1 and that very easily made everything the right size (and mouse events still work fine which I was initially worried about).

I wanted to check that setting the local scale was the correct way to get a 3D lemur gui to be a reasonable size. I want to make sure I’m on the right track as I intend to write a bridge that converts VR hand picking into mouse events with an intention that they be used in lemur (although I’m hoping that bridge won’t have to depend on lemur directly as lemur is using core jmonkey mouse support). Before I get too far down that road I wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing.

Yep. That’s the way.

I even do that for my 2D GUIs so that they have a reasonable size on various resolution displays.

2 Likes