Many jme3 tests dont work, some have worked before

i havent changed anything, i have only been looking at the tests since ive had the program. some tests dont load at all from the TestChooser.

heres some of the errors i got when running the TestWalkingChar, which is the most developed game ive seen so far in the tests

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: No support for WGL_ARB_multisample

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:210)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)

(only a few)

the projects panel shows errors in .animation, .bullet, .helloworld and a few others

if someone could try to help me learn to resolve something like this id be grateful

How old is your card? You might need to force multisampling off…

“No support for WGL_ARB_multisample” this means your card does not support multisampling (anti aliasing). Did you enable it in the setting dialog?

Try to disable it and retest

@sbook said:
How old is your card? You might need to force multisampling off..

i cant find where to disable multisampling/anti aliasing, i looked around in jme3 and google and found nothing. my card (i think) is Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family. if i could find the settings that nehon mentioned i think that might fix it

Its in the settings window that shows at the beginning of each test, where you can set “2x”, “4x”, “8x” etc.

TestWalkingChar still doesnt work on any number, but i noticed that the brick wall test worked only when i set it to disabled. testwalkingchar starts up but crashes on disabled, and on any other number it just gives me errors

heres some more errors from TestWalkingChar if it helps (multisampling disabled)

SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,6,main]

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.jme3.terrain.heightmap.ImageBasedHeightMap.(Ljava/awt/Image;F)V

at jme3test.bullet.TestWalkingChar.createTerrain(TestWalkingChar.java:274)

at jme3test.bullet.TestWalkingChar.simpleInitApp(TestWalkingChar.java:134)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:231)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:129)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

looks like the heightmap screwed up or something im lost

this is wierd because this test has worked before, i recently updated a bunch of crap in the engine so maybe it broke it but i think the test didnt work before the update too

You are aware that you need to create a new test project when the libraries/tests get updated?

i made a new test project JmeTests2 (maybe the name has to remain JmeTests?) and got these errors when running TestChooser

C:UserssamanthaDocumentsJmeTests2srcjme3testmodelanimTestBlenderAnim.java:38: cannot find symbol

symbol : class BlenderKey

import com.jme3.asset.BlenderKey;

C:UserssamanthaDocumentsJmeTests2srcjme3testmodelanimTestBlenderObjectAnim.java:38: cannot find symbol

import com.jme3.asset.BlenderKey;

C:UserssamanthaDocumentsJmeTests2srcjme3testmodelanimTestBlenderAnim.java:67: cannot find symbol

BlenderKey blenderKey = new BlenderKey(“Blender/2.4x/BaseMesh_249.blend”);

C:UserssamanthaDocumentsJmeTests2srcjme3testmodelanimTestBlenderAnim.java:67: cannot find symbol

BlenderKey blenderKey = new BlenderKey(“Blender/2.4x/BaseMesh_249.blend”);

C:UserssamanthaDocumentsJmeTests2srcjme3testmodelanimTestBlenderObjectAnim.java:67: cannot find symbol

BlenderKey blenderKey = new BlenderKey(“Blender/2.4x/animtest.blend”);

C:UserssamanthaDocumentsJmeTests2srcjme3testmodelanimTestBlenderObjectAnim.java:67: cannot find symbol

BlenderKey blenderKey = new BlenderKey(“Blender/2.4x/animtest.blend”);

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

6 errors

C:UserssamanthaDocumentsJmeTests2nbprojectbuild-impl.xml:521: The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:UserssamanthaDocumentsJmeTests2nbprojectbuild-impl.xml:258: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

BUILD FAILED (total time: 5 seconds)

sorry if its too much junk errors, also i tried installing the ogrexml for blender, but it says access denied when i try to install it to the scripts folder

The blender loader libraries are not included in a project by default, you can still import blender models in the SDK no problem, you should not load them in-game anyway.

@normen said:
The blender loader libraries are not included in a project by default, you can still import blender models in the SDK no problem, you should not load them in-game anyway.

so do i need to import blender models to get the tests to work now? im not sure if youre talking about the ogrexml thing or the errors im getting

Why do you want the tests to work so badly? If you import a .blend model its converted to .j3o anyway. You only need to add the blender loader libraries to the tests project to make them work.

i need the tests to work so i can study the sources and use them as a template, i have gotten nowhere and i have no idea why these tests arent working anymore. i was eager to show my friend these examples but i cant even get the testchooser to work

well try to run some other tests but the blender loader tests :roll:

ok i googled the blenderkey.java and copied to into a new class with that name and i got the tests to work again, now how would i go about using TestWalkingChar as a template? nanner sponge

:roll: Why don’t you just read what we say?

@normen said:
You only need to add the blender loader libraries to the tests project to make them work.

@snigglesnock said:
now how would i go about using TestWalkingChar as a template?

You read the code, understand it, and then you do the same in your application.