Map Suggestions

Hi. First, I would like to congrat you Paul because of your great game. It is just in test builds and has really just a few bugs. Keep up the good working. :wink:

Now I know that you already said that the map is being developed yet, but I would like to tell you some (two) features I think are (or would be) great to implement. First, bookmarks, what means, the option to bokmark certain position in the map and show some kind of markers, so we donā€™t get lost, and donā€™t need to be looking all over the place for our houses, etcā€¦

Second, a teleport function, so we could type in the console the position/bookmark name and we would go to that position.

And a little tip. When you have to swim bi distances, you can press the sapce button, the W key and the Shift key, so it goes faster. But if you donā€™t want to be always pressing such keys, you can press them once, and with them down, press also the Tab key or the m key. Then you will realize that if you release the keys, your char will keep going, because the game doesnā€™t getā€™s that they were released.

Cumps,

Scorch

Heya Scorch, just letting you know, those features have been on Paulā€™s list for quite a while already, he just needs more time to do them right :wink: Just stay patient :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, to improve your tip, try using both W and D instead of W, going a bit sideways increases your total speed as well as the direction is not normalized.

baalgarnaal said:
Heya Scorch, just letting you know, those features have been on Paul's list for quite a while already, he just needs more time to do them right ;) Just stay patient :P

As I said, I'm sorry if these stuff is already to be implemented. Btw, I haven't found any "list", can you give me a link or something? :)

Cumps,
Scorch

Hey there,

there is no official list, it would be far toooooooo long :wink:

Paul mentioned that points in some posts, but donā€™t ask me where they are. But your ideas are definaltely a must have to be able to handle many locations in a reasonable way and time.

So lets just be patient what cool feature hes currently working on. Last time it was like ā€˜hey guys, look at that BAM amazing treesā€™ You never know what hes coming up with :smiley:

caesar said:
So lets just be patient what cool feature hes currently working on. Last time it was like 'hey guys, look at that *BAM amazing trees*' You never know what hes coming up with :D

:)

Yeah, map markers and property are coming. Probably property first... which will also have map markers associated. So you can claim a portion of the world as yours and it will show up on the map... and only you can build there. To do it right, I have to implement an inventory screen.

There will be some kind of point-to-point teleport but I'm trying to make sure to do it in a way that still encourages walking sometimes. No use having all of these cool things all over the world if no one ever leaves their base to find them. :)

Thanks for the interest. Better to hear about stuff again than to miss some idea.
pspeed said:
:)

Yeah, map markers and property are coming. Probably property first... which will also have map markers associated. So you can claim a portion of the world as yours and it will show up on the map... and only you can build there. To do it right, I have to implement an inventory screen.

There will be some kind of point-to-point teleport but I'm trying to make sure to do it in a way that still encourages walking sometimes. No use having all of these cool things all over the world if no one ever leaves their base to find them. :)

Thanks for the interest. Better to hear about stuff again than to miss some idea.

Yeah, property would be such a great feature, mainly for the multiplayer version. :)

About teleporting, I think that having a minimum distance between our character and the point we want to teleport would be fine. And also we would have to be there once at least. I don't know if this would be possible, because registering all player positions would be impossible. But maybe make a range of x cubes, ro it would regist each limit that the player has been on. So if we want to go somewhere else by teleport, we would have to see all the beautiful stuff in our way, at least, once. :D

Iā€™m thinking of going the other way. Teleports are point to point and each player is given an A and a B that they can place wherever. Anyone can use a teleport once placed but an A <-> B are always connected. Then users can team up to create networks if they want or just have a teleport convenient between two points if thatā€™s what they prefer.

ā€¦at any rate, Iā€™m still thinking about it. And it requires inventory to be implemented so Iā€™ll keep thinking about it until then. :slight_smile:

Though I may give myself a TP command on the server for ā€œemergenciesā€.