(March 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Since we are on the subject

7 Likes

Ok let’s go

5 Likes

I’m down :slight_smile:

chopy video : jME3 Test Helm - YouTube

Destiny inspired ‘Bits’ in my “Bits 'n BoBs” ‘editor’, assembled into a helmet. My first time actually using smooth groups in Blender, it makes such a huge difference the final result.

11 Likes

The workflow is getting fast with this :

6 Likes

Must resist to buy substance painter, until core of game works…

2 Likes

Wow! What UI library are you using?

That’s correct, i want to make threejs to be the renderer and low level API for transpiled java to javascript class to call that. So we can:

• write game in java with same concept as we do now in jme (node, material, control, state…)
  • use some libs, use the tools: IDE, blender,
  • with the same models
  • and run in the web. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

2 Likes

Hi people!

I think it’s the second time that I post something here, I don’t have much time to participate so sorry about that…

I’m finishing a game but I will post info about it later.
Meanwhile I did a jmonkeyengine experiment that I like to share:

JarBees

Visual process viewer or something like that.

I really wanted to create something based on what we could see in one of the Avengers Age of Ultron movie: Remember the Holographic representation of Jarvis? The big orange sphere?

Well…

I created a program that can be attached to any PID and let you visualize in 3D the latest stack trace. A sphere is an individual method…and if the sphere is bigger it means that the method is called more frequently.

So with this in mind you can “potentially” see what is going on inside a program…

Sorry but this time it only works with Windows, and is really really ugly.

Hopefully someone can improve this and make it better, but I think I will leave this as it is now.

You need to run this with a PID number as an argument to attach it to that PID.

sourcecode is on github:
https://github.com/cristianvillalba/JarBees

Byebyeeeee

4 Likes

Lemur. It’s my first crack at using it, so far its been great. I had a few major teething problems, but they were more as a result of my own misunderstanding and inability to read documentation. I hope to write a quick post mortem on my experience, and what I found to be best practices for styling my way.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I walk past one every time I enter/exit my office, which got me thinking… how well would different style assets work, if broken down into bits and re-assembled into a helm :

… pretty well.

9 Likes

Halo o_O

That ain’t no ordinary asset…

I must say you do come out with some cool stuff. I liked your other toy you made where bits of the armour could get shot off too. Pretty neat man. Well done :slight_smile:

Textured and animated
- YouTube

13 Likes

I’m trying to setup a scripted sandbox game for my son and I to add things to over spring break… the plan is for it to essentially be a networked sandbox where we can plop down whatever scripted objects happen to be in our “inventory”. Like a tower defense game where you can place whatever, wherever, and the objects will all be things he and I scripted.

Anyway, Lemur’s glass style didn’t really fit the theme so I started making a “stone” style. If I get it looking nice enough then I may include it in the default style set.

I’m converting the sim-eth-es demo into this new game idea so the menus may look familiar.

12 Likes

Beating up on poor poor lazd

11 Likes

Made for our Greenlight campaign.

14 Likes

jME ‘Baboon’,
coming soon…
a raccoon
nice tune.

Bits
and
bobs
object
orientation
network

‘Object Orientation Network’ is all I could think of that fits ‘oon’.

It is a kit basher for rapidly making armour, weapons, props, whatever. It does stuff. Outputs optimised models.

It uses :

• ‘Lobs’ - librarys (theme sets e.g. future armour, ww2 weapons, high rise pieces) of :
  • ‘Bits’ - a small peice of geom; and
  • ‘Bobs’ - bunch of bits e.g. a gun scope would be made up of several ‘bits’, saved out as a ‘bob’, so later only the scope ‘bob’ needs be imported, not each little ‘bit’.

…profit.

:black_joker::point_up:

17 Likes

oon => out of nowhere

1 Like