Ah I see! So what you’re saying is the lemur’s layouts can be a bit dense at times because they contain so much iron oxide for the green tint?
Alright good point. Having a default style that prioritizes visibility should be a bit more important when designing the layout.
In unrelated news, (and to get back on topic)
I wrote a sort of flood fill algorithm that checks what is connected and what isn’t, then making separate ships (or just dropping modules for tiny stuff) from the unconnected stuff.
The absolutely hardest part was getting the new section to appear in the right spot. Damn centers of mass.
And if those detached parts have command capability they’re turned into friendly ships…that tend to not stay friendly if you bump into them which can be a bit unfortunate at the moment. Now I just need to add some sort of detachers/docking ports.
I’ve also switched to native bullet now, mostly just as a test at first but then it ended up working perfectly on all OSes so I don’t why I’ve been hearing it doesn’t work on macOS… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
While it is a lot faster at processing some things, the JNI delay can by a bit noticeable at times. The lesser of two evils I guess.
Something something Titanic.