Material Folder Missing

Exactly what it says on the tin. I right-click new>other and there is no material folder. What on Earth is going on? I really need to make a new material.

-Winner

Then create a new asset pack ,or a new folder and name it material

Right click where? Is this a “Basic Game” project or did you set it up differently.

We don’t have enough information to solve the problem.

Alright I can see how you got confused. I right click on the material folder under the files tab. Because it is a BASIC GAME, I have the interface folder, matdefs folder, materials, models, scenes, shaders, sounds, textures, build, dist, nbproject, src, and test. I right click on the materials folder because I would like to make a new material file, so that I can make a new material as seen in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLCs4AKh28. And so then it says, that I can make a new java class, folder, java package, java interface, Jpanel form, Jframe form, or other. Then I click other. Then I am given a list of options from which I can make a new file. In this list, the “material” folder is missing, which means that I can’t make a new material file according to which tutorials I have read. Is there an easy fix? I would imagine so.

-Winner

That does sound odd. Are you definitely using the SDK? What version of the SDK?

I’m using the most recent version; I only got it a few weeks ago. The material folder that I’m talking about was there for me about a week ago, but two days ago when I opened it up it just disappeared. I really have no clue what’s going on.

EDIT: I uninstalled and reinstalled jmonkey, and the folder still doesn’t show up. Is there any other way to make a new material file?

Just use windows explorer to create a file with the appropriate file type extension in the right place in your project.

Please tell me how. Step by step. I understand what you said (sort of) but how does that help me with my problem? I just want that bloody folder to pop up.

What if you create a new basic game project and then try to create a material in it? go you have the folder?

When I create a new basic game project, the folder is still missing.

<cite>@007-Winner said:</cite> Please tell me how. Step by step. I understand what you said (sort of) but how does that help me with my problem? I just want that bloody folder to pop up.

I don’t know why it isn’t. Try deleting the cache and settings files for the SDK and see if that resets whatever has gone wrong.

To work around it browse into your project and create the file. i.e. if your project is foo and you creating the material bar you would go to MY_PROJECT_FOLDER\foo\assets\materials and create a file bar.j3m

Do that outside the SDK and the SDK should notice the new file appear and you can then move on.

I’ll just add them in blender then load the png file. It won’t be that bad. I’ve already uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I don’t think that it will ever work, because so far absolutely nothing has worked for me with this game engine.