(May 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

My game “Sakura Sword” v2.4 still in dev…need to refactor skill system and fix some sync bugs on LAN mode!

11 Likes

Minor suggestion, I bet it would look a lot better if you put simple circular shadows under characters. So there would be at least something resembling shadows without the performance impact of a dlsl renderer.

I think @joehot200 used a shader for such an effect recently in some thread, but otherwise I think you could just use a quad that matches the normal of the ground polygon.

Example, perhaps too strong:

8 Likes

I have a post processing filter for this that works with non-flat ground if anyone is interested.

Can be cut+pasted from here: https://github.com/Simsilica/SimArboreal-Editor/blob/master/src/main/java/com/simsilica/arboreal/DropShadowFilter.java

To cast shadows just mark them as shadow casters in the normal JME and it will use their oriented bounding box to generate a drop shadow that’s true 3D (in that it will shade 3D terrain+objects immediately underneath the character using a 3D shadow egg)

7 Likes

Thank you, it realy looks a lot of better. I consider to make a option in settings, than people can toggle the shadow If they have a better performance mobile phone.

1 Like

Short introduction: Modern aircraft feature a weather radar, to detect the strength of precipitation (hail, snow, rain) in a cloud. Of course, some of the weather radar rays are reflected by the ground and will be displayed too.
Here are the first images of a weather radar system for flight simulators, consistent with the weather shown by the visual system:

13 Likes

Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1

Seriously, the guys that made JBullet did not mess around. 300 asteroids with mesh coliders and 60 fps.

That cloud looks really realistic, how is that done?

20 Likes

It’s similar to this paper, which deals with the clouds in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

4 Likes

That seems to be quite complex, maybe I’ll need a sip of Absalyut Rocket to get through it.

Coming soon to spacestation billboards in the Frontier.

3 Likes

Well, after reading so many papers on cloud rendering and trying out more sophisticated methods, I can tell that this is by far the easiest and cheapest way to get clouds look right.

I really like, err love, your game art!

2 Likes

New name and brand identity for my game (not final art):

10 Likes

“You must gather your party before venturing forth” :slight_smile:

The empty space to the right would be filled with character stats, abilities and skills. The ‘circles’ with avatars are moving smoothly between the character’s list (small circles) and the party (big circles).

8 Likes

Hey all,
So I haven’t posted anything for a few months now and thought I share my latest update of the popular Musical Tile Tapper game I created for android.

Get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bruynhuis.tiles

Some screen shots:

Thanks

13 Likes

Whaa congrats!!
Some comment are very arsh…and some are very good. Having haters for a game is somehow good.
Some people don’t even know what they think about it:

What would it have been if she’d hated it?
Anyway, one more achievement for ndebruyn :wink:

5 Likes

My children are tile tap addicted. and they all play piano now way much often :smile:

2 Likes

Party creation screen, v 2.0 :slight_smile:

We need to implement a second style for gui buttons :slight_smile:
The background image is a sketch made of some random assets. Our artist will draw a new one.

14 Likes

Lol, “Arsch” means “ass” (as in behind) in german ^^

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

The second one though :smiley:
The best!

2 Likes

Hahaha, the second one :D.

Make a BSOD too :wink:

3 Likes