Project: Game Manager
This is a continuation of a previous project that I completely revamped and renamed. Game Manager is a package of controls you can use to create a game visually using the SDK scene editor. The controls are all managed by the aptly named GameManger class. The video below only took me 3 lines of code to complete everything else was done via the scene editor.
Physics and player control
- I'm still working on finding a definitive solution to jumping. The jump function is enabled but doesn't work in all cases.
- This was working in 3.0 but with the move to 3.1 still needs more testing.
Item and inventory handling
- No UI for viewing inventory. This is something I'm working on.
Player and camera movement
- So far I have first and third person player and camera controls worked out minus click dragging the camera in third person.
- works great so far but I still need to finish updating this for 3.1.
- I have laid out the framework for this in a separate project but this is still far off from being implemented into the package.
Quest/Mission journal This is complete but has no visual implementation yet.
- This is probably the area I need the most help. Anyone who if familiar with lemur or maybe has their own UI implementation that would be willing to contribute to this project please let me know.
Over all the progress is coming along nicely. There is much more to the package but these are the major points. If anyone is interesting in contributing send me a message. Once I get a decent working alpha version I plan on putting this on github.