MD2 Animations

Hi!

I am newbie with jME.

I can load any MD2 model with your great tutorials and I can animate them using keyframes.

Is there any method to animate them with their animation name??

example. method("walk")

Thanks in advance

Nobody??? :’( :’(

Sorry, I haven't played with MD2 for a while, so I don't know off the top of my head.

yes, there is :wink: i did it just awhile ago. However, i find the textures come out wonky when importing a texture. If you have the cvs it's under jmetest.scene.loader.mdl2jme or someething like that. Anyways, there's a md2 test and it shows u how to animate with keyframes using a keyframecontroller.

I knew this example but what if I don't know the frameloop for the "walk" animation?

As far as I can tell, there is built in method for settings the keyframe interval by its name in the MD2 file. I'm afraid you will have to either add that functionality yourself or set the intervals manually with their keyframe numbers. Also, the MD2 file format does not seem to have names on animations, but on individual frames only.

similar problem here: i know the frame numbers, but the keyframe controller wants the "animation times", but i don't know what that means. it's not the frame numbers…

HamsterofDeath said:

similar problem here: i know the frame numbers, but the keyframe controller wants the "animation times", but i don't know what that means. it's not the frame numbers, the last one is always missing.

the md2 loader does this:
if (i!=0) controller.setKeyframe(i-1,triMesh);
so one frame is always discarded. does anyone know why?