MD2 Model Direction Problem

I've downloaded some MD2 (Quake 2 format) models from the ioquake website, and after using them, I've noticed that for various actions, e.g. running, they are pointing in a different direction to when they are standing still, usually about 45 degrees to the left or right.  Can anyone tell me why, and is there an easy way to correct it?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Maybe the model is using another coordinate system. Z-Up instead of Y-Up?

Rotate your model correctly, then attach it to a new Node, that way the new rotation is ‘saved’.

Then only use this new Node when moving the player. (i just said the same here :))

Thanks for the reply.  However, I don't think it's the same problem.  If I load the model into Blender and play it through all its frames of animation, it's fine for standing (frames 1-40 in an MD2 model).  But when it gets to the running frames (41-46), the model faces about 45 degrees to the left.

I think it might just be a "dodgy" model, and I'll need to rotate it back to centre for the frames where it's wrong.

ah ok only certain frames, thats strange.

I don't know what it could be then.

Can you provide the model (or link to it) as im curious about this - was working on some MD2 animation stuff recently that I never finished (add another one to the pile) and quite am happy to take a look at it.

It's the terminator model from here:

Index of /pub/idgames2/quake2/graphics/md2

I've found a few other places to download terminator models (e.g. RapidShare, IGN) but they all seem to be the same model, i.e. this one.  I find it hard to believe that such a popular model would be broken like this.

If you could fix it that would be great!

Steve

Sounds like a "dodgy" model to me, if even Blender can't handle it correctly…

Akhhh sorry, I missread your post when you was talking about loading it in blender and thought it was ok there, but not in your code.

I'm afraid its definately a problem a problem with the model