md2 pcx

Hi Snaga,

Thanks for your time on this.

Unfortunately both the files you sent fail.

sonic version has the same textrue tearing down the side as the original problem.

nst version causes a:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jme.util.TextureManager.loadImage(TextureManager.java:313)

at com.jme.util.TextureManager.loadTexture(TextureManager.java:239)

at com.jme.util.TextureManager.loadTexture(TextureManager.java:160)

at jmetest.renderer.loader.TestMd2JmeWriteAstro.simpleInitGame(TestMd2JmeWriteAstro.java:71)

at com.jme.app.SimpleGame.initGame(SimpleGame.java:344)

at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(BaseGame.java:63)

at jmetest.renderer.loader.TestMd2JmeWriteAstro.main(TestMd2JmeWriteAstro.java:41)

This is similar to the error I get using NST to link to a bmp as explained before.

I therefore (touch wood with quick rap on the head) suspect that it may be a jME import problem in the uv mapping?

I can use the md2 files (astro and some others) for prototyping with the slight visual problem at the moment, but I suppose I’ll have to go with a more modern format if I move forward with my project.

I’m only looking at a couple of models so I’ll be looking for an artist/animator in a couple of weeks I think.

It’s a pity…having looked at the md2 format it’s actually quite ok for what I need…some lightweight skinned meshes with simple expressive animations.

Anyways, xmas eve and all that…thanks again for your help.

I’ll have to leave this issue as it is now, as I have to concentrate on some physics based animation code I’m working on for my January milestone.

Merry new year,

pc

hmm…ok

In Blender case, could be the code is using yet the old pcx (delete it if so:maybe tehre’s an old code reference in your code) and not the jpg I provided you, as both texture and md2 get changed in the proccess I did.

maybe md2 specs can’t deal with jpg, even in a foreign engine…

In NST only way; if I were u , I’d repeat my last tut but using BMP.

BTW, both show well in my md2 viewers…

HEY…

tested something…

I have an STRONG, but strong suspect…JPG is not allowed in md2 specs…But is allowed BMP or PCX. So, use BMP, as is allowed by jME.

You only got to repeat my tut using “all files” trick in NST, like you did with jpg, in the action of “LINK”. That is, do the proccess but with a saved BMP (you just save the BMP with inside NST (you can save it with othe rtool later on if compatibility issues with NST old BMP. Could happen.))

I have other viewer and seems it wont eat JPGs in an md2, but yes bmp and pcx. As those are original specs of md2…I’m guessing in this you can’t force things…