MD5 reader and new model animation system

Awsome!

Is the bone moving/rotation bug fixed? The one i PM’ed you about…

DP

Doh! Sorry, I didn’t realise I hadn’t got back to you…

If you’re using an AnimationController, the transform matrices get overwritten every frame, which could’ve been your problem. Also, make sure you call skinMeshes( true ) after you make a change, so the triangle vertices are moved.

One problem I can see with just translating a joint is that it won’t rotate joints further down - you’ll have to calculate the rotation between the bind translation for that bone and your translation, and apply that to the transform matrix. I’m thinking of doing a helper class which will do this for you.

Also, with the new code you’ll need to cast to a SkeletalModelInstance before you can get the joint transforms out and skin the meshes.

If you're using an AnimationController, the transform matrices get overwritten every frame, which could've been your problem. Also, make sure you call skinMeshes( true ) after you make a change, so the triangle vertices are moved.

I didnt' have an animation controller in because i feared it might interrupt with ragdolls. And yes, i do call skinMeshes(true);

I'l try it again with the new stuff...

DP

To be honest, I'm not really working on the jME version of my model code any more - I've had other things I've had to concentrate on instead.

Thanks for the compliment though :slight_smile:

chaos could  you atleast give me heads up on putting on how to accomplish linear sequencing… pleaaaase

thanks

your code not workin for me says md5 mesh reader isn't a method

What do you mean by linear sequencing? As in playing one animation after another? Or linear interpolation between frames?

chaosdeathfish said:

What do you mean by linear sequencing? As in playing one animation after another? Or linear interpolation between frames?

yes one animation after the other or blending subsets similarly, basically I have two fight sequnces that I would like to break into subsets and make new sequences and paterns out of, moves will be fired per key press. the code is undocumented so I'm having trouble with it

hope I'm clear

thanks in advance

chaos any help on the sequencing thing help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Sorry for the late reply, I've just finished moving house.

There's no way that I can think of to set up sequences in advance, other than adding the frames of one animation to another and changing the time of every frame. What you can do is to add an animation listener to the AnimationController and listen for ANIMATION_CYCLE_ENDED, and add your new animation when the old one has finished - although each animation will have to move from a known state if you want the animations to blend nicely.

I hope that helps.

thanks for the assist I have tried to design the animation in such a way that subsets will share common starts/ends poses these will be placed in a randomiser since I dont plan on complicated input sets

to bad you lost interest though :frowning: :(, it was really looking good

thanks again

Sorry, but I've got other commitments which means I don't have the time to work on my jME code any more.

Glad I could help!

has any body managed to get this working with the present cvs I could really use some pointers in this respect

please

thanks in advance