Mimic Blender Material!?

Ive been trying for days to come up with a material close to a material done in Blender. I had a nice Blue material with a little of shininess and I imported it using .obj/.mtl now that I switched my objects to .j3o I am trying to create the same material and Ive been playing around with these effects and either its too shiny or its too dark. I cannot get it right :S

[java]

Material mateo = new Material(assetManager,"Common/MatDefs/Light/Lighting.j3md");

mateo.setTexture("DiffuseMap", assetManager.loadTexture("/Materials/myFace.png"));

mateo.setBoolean("m_UseMaterialColors", true);

mateo.setColor("m_Diffuse", ColorRGBA.White);

//mateo.getAdditionalRenderState().setBlendMode(BlendMode.Alpha); // activate transparency

mateo.setFloat("Shininess", 2f); // activate shininess

//mateo.setColor("Specular", ColorRGBA.White); // activate specularity

//mateo.getAdditionalRenderState().setAlphaTest(true);

//mateo.setBoolean("m_UseMaterialColors", true);

//mateo.setColor("m_Ambient", ColorRGBA.White);

[/java]

what am I missing here?

PS: I know once of the answers will be use the SDK and produce the j3m but I want to do it via code if possible

You will not get the same result. You can only work with diffuse(color) maps, normal maps and specular maps (which define the shininess). If you do so in blender (instead of using all kinds of blender-only options to create a material) from the beginning as the manual says then you will get about the same result in the engine.

umm what :)? u said I wil not get the same result? then u said if I do so in Blender then I will get the same result :slight_smile: ?

is there some typo?

You will only get the same result if you stick to color, normal and specular maps, no other settings will translate safely. (no blender shinness parameter, no material color, no sparkles, you get it…)

1 Like