Missing classes in the new Build

Having just come back after a while away, I am glad that there has been a few jme builds since the last tests. I have tried to compile some old programs and found out these classes are not there anymore:

com.jme.scene.model.Model

com.jme.scene.model.msascii.MilkShapeASCIIModel

com.jme.intersection.CollisionDetection

in the com.jme.renderer.Renderer following methods are missing:
getCullState()
getLightState()
getTextureState()
getZbufferState()
getAlphaState()

and these one have changed

com.jme.intersection.CollisionResults

getRenderer.getCamera()

I am not sure how to load my milkshape models and check for collision using the new libraries. Does anybody know the new way of doing this?

tomcat

I think those getters have been replaced with create, so getAlphaState is now createAlphaState.

Yes, the API changed some. It’s a growing pain for those of us who have created early games with jME, but the changes are for the most part easy to implement. All of those you mention are on the boards, just need to do a search. :slight_smile: Let me save you a little trouble though.

com.jme.scene.model.Model
com.jme.scene.model.msascii.MilkShapeASCIIModel

Mojo decided he wanted to do away with direct model support for the various formats. Instead you can use the various conversion classes to convert your models to .jme format. See jmetest.renderer.loader.TestMilkJmeWrite for example. Also, see the apps and utils page for a link to a easy to use model conversion tool. http://www.mojomonkeycoding.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=33

in the com.jme.renderer.Renderer following methods are missing:
getCullState()
getLightState()
getTextureState()
getZbufferState()
getAlphaState()

These are now create...State() which better conveys what they do (A change suggested by the users.)

and these one have changed
com.jme.intersection.CollisionResults
getRenderer.getCamera()

Check the board for Mojo's explanation of the newer Collision detection (or he might post something about it here, never know. :)) getCamera() is still the same, unless you mean getCamera(int, int) which is now more appropriately called createCamera(int, int) as per the same reason as that mentioned above for States.

Thx a lot renanse. I was falling into a blind panic but this gives me a good starting point.

I check what Cep21 has in his tutorials regarding models. Looking at the docs, collision detection is handled by interserction class, but I am not really sure how it works. (feeling a bit thick here (!) ).

tomcat