Missing OpenAL64 and lwjgl64 dlls in jme3 3.0beta branch

Hi guys,



2 weeks ago the 3.0 beta branch of jme3 saw a large update again.



I found out that the OpenAL64.dll and lwjgl64.dll were missing in that project.



I was wondering if this removal is intentional or that they got lost accidentally.



Beste regards

@tygronautbb said:
I found out that the OpenAL64.dll and lwjgl64.dll were missing in that project.

Which ones? They are in the jME3-lwjgl-natives.jar file to get extracted on application start.

Yeah , you are right. They are indeed still in the jar file. I have to go look for the cause of my problem somewhere else.



Thank you for your quick response.

1 Like

I’m having the same phenomenon.

I’m seeing liblwjgl.so and openal.so extracted now, instead of liblwjgl64.so and openal64.so as before.



Sequence of events:

  1. Run my jme application
  2. See liblwjgl64.so and openal64.so pop into existence in the current directory
  3. A lot of time and two jme SVN UPDATEs later (UPDATE: and a Linux install later), I notice that there are now four files. New files are liblwjgl.so and openal.so.
  4. Delete all .so files, run the application again.
  5. See liblwjgl.so and openal.so pop into existence.



    I suspect the extractor is, for some reason, now extracting the 32-bit libraries regardless of whether it’s a 32-bit or 64-bit system.

    Turns out I installed a 32-bit Linux and didn’t notice.

    I.e. the extractor is doing exactly what it should in my case.

    Recording this for posteriority - sometimes it’s the more abstruse causes…

    8O

:facepalm: