ModelLoader and 3ds model problem

the model loader doesnt load the textures on my 3ds model.

i made a box, put a jpg texture on it. and i exported as a 3ds file. i made a copy of the texture and put it in the same directory as the 3ds file.

then i tried to load it with ModelLoader, then the texture is missing…it uses the "missing texture" default texture…

what am i doing wrong?

Are you getting any warnings in the console output saying it can't find the texture?

Did you set up a resource locater for that directory?

darkfrog said:

Are you getting any warnings in the console output saying it can't find the texture?

yes im getting "file is null. default texture used"
renanse said:

Did you set up a resource locater for that directory?

no i thought ModelLoader would handle that. besides the texture and model files r in the same directory
neakor said:

no i thought ModelLoader would handle that. besides the texture and model files r in the same directory

Being in the same directory doesn't mean that two different systems will automatically talk to each other and communicate the location.  ModelLoader could probably auto-add / auto-remove a simple locator to the same directory, but now that you know, you can also easily handle that yourself.
renanse said:

neakor said:

Being in the same directory doesn't mean that two different systems will automatically talk to each other and communicate the location.

I do believe that ModelLoader already adds the directory with the model to the texture path.

darkfrog said:

I do believe that ModelLoader already adds the directory with the model to the texture path.

then that means theres something wrong either with modelloader or the way i exported my model.

i just made a box, put a diffuse map texture on it with 10 tiling. export the model as 3ds file. the reserve texture coordinates checkbox is selected. and thats it.

and for some reason it just wont load the texture.....

btw, the texture its a simple 512*512 jpg file

perhaps it's got the wrong case or extension in the model file.  You could debug the loader and see what the exact file name is.

Actually, this may have been my fault.  I thought that ModelLoader added the directory to the resource list but I was incorrect.  However, I've updated and checked in an updated version that will do this so see if that doesn't fix the problem.

darkfrog said:

Actually, this may have been my fault.