MonkeyWorld 3D Version 4.2

MonkeyWorld 3D Version 4.2 is available for download

This is the first release for the jME 2.0 using the monklypse plugins. I have only tested the Linux x86 version, so please tell us, if you find any errors in the other versions.

Also, there is no installer for this release. They have been built using the Eclipse PDE build, and so its a simple zip file, containing a directory you can extract to, wherever you want.

Users of platforms, other than Linux x86 have to put the appropriate SWT plugin in their MW3D plugins directory. The PDE build failed to do this on my machine…

Hmm… It seems not to have worked in Vista. I have to run it on my Linux VM. I think that it might have to do with monklypse.

Also, when I try to get the SWT plugin for Linux x86, I copied the org.eclipse.swt.gtk.x86_64_3.4.0.v3448f.jar file, but that looks like it is for 64 with the _64 prefix for x86. Is there another jar for Linux 32?

But the Linux x86 version should work, because the SWT jar interestingly is part of that build.

Could not run on vista… Upon startup: "An error has occurred, check log file"; so please do :wink:

I guess my second post might solve this issue. If not, please let me know

Hi. Is the source available?

I'm really interested in checking this out, but I too am running Vista and having problems with getting it to run.  When you mention "the appropriate SWT plugin", where can I find this?

zer0wolf said:

I'm really interested in checking this out, but I too am running Vista and having problems with getting it to run.  When you mention "the appropriate SWT plugin", where can I find this?

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=144749&use_mirror=internap&filename=org.eclipse.swt.carbon.macosx_3.4.0.v3448f.jar&85408918

There you go, extract that into your "plugins" file.
Z0mbiedevice said:

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=144749&use_mirror=internap&filename=org.eclipse.swt.carbon.macosx_3.4.0.v3448f.jar&85408918

There you go, extract that into your "plugins" file.

Well, you indirectly helped me, so thanks :D I'm on Vista, not MacOS X, but you made me realize that the SWT plugins were available from the same location I downloaded MonkeyWord 3D from. I'm retarded ...

Nice the terrain editing is a lot smoother now.  :wink:

Some bugs:

• There's add blue flickering on terrain..

• The rotation tool thingy is too sensitive, you should set the default sensitivity to 1 for all objects (i found it the best)

• The Library View doesn't seem to be working

• Would be nice if the tool automatically centered on new created objects. It took me a while to find the terrain I created..

• It seems you can only edit terrain which is created with "Terrain View" option, is this intended?

• You can't select objects if you already have something selected(? not sure about this one)

That's all for now. Keep up the good work!  :D
jaal2000 said:

Hi. Is the source available?

Sure, go to http://monkeyworld3d.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/monkeyworld3d/

Momoko_Fan said:

Some bugs:

• There's add blue flickering on terrain..

The blue flickering, as you call it, is the Z-plane ;) But you are right, there has been some discussion to remove this again.

Are there any tutorials for how to use MW3D? It isn't very intuitive.  :oops:

I'm not really sure how to create terrains. I gather I create a project and then add a terrain to that project. Where to go from there I'm pretty confused.

Most of the documentaion was on the old Wiki pages. Currently we're trying to integrate those as online help.

When you have created a terrain, you have the tools available in the toolbar (Deform, paint,…). When such a tool is activated, you can set details in the tool view.