MonkeyWorld3D

Hi,

I wonder where I can get information concerning MW3D, because the feature list of their newest version looks good and I'd like to give it a try but it seems to be only for Windows.

Is there maybe a cvs repo where I can check it out?

Ohh yeahh I nearly forgot I want to use it for testing purposes cause it should provide a good basis on which to create a game.

kind regards

Sue

Hello Sue.

MW3D has a SourceForge project (and a HomePage): www.sourceforge.com/projects/monkeyworld3d

3.0 is still in milestone status so it isn’t fully complete yet.  To download it go to the Files page.

Yeah if seen it 10 mins ago,

but this will not run there are missing dependencies in 3.0

and 2.0 gives me exceptions and runs not properly

What's your OS?  3.0 M1 is Windows only right now.  As for 2.0, what are the dependancy errors?

Ok I tried building 2.0 from source but it made nearly no difference.

I am running Ubuntu Linux with working fglrx driver and Gnome as Interface. When I try running v2 it mostly starts complaining about gtk in the shell, then the background of the hmm middle frame where the world should be is black and stays black i right now tried v3 under WinXP and it runs quite good but I am nearly never use Windows except for this testing right now. I will give the command line errors in a few mins.

But thanks so far.

At first I am using the source version where I need the libs from the binary version, what is not a good idea it would be better to include them directly into the source.

My main class in eclipse is com.mw3d.swt.MonkeyWorld3D

my arguments for the vm: -Xms64m -Xmx512m -Djava.library.path=/home/…/MonkeyWorld3D-gtk/lib/

I am using sun's sdk 1.5

Errors

(SWT:6424): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_accessible: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

this is the first error I get and it appears when I should choose the workspace which is not possible because the only option I get is to say "ok" the directory chooser is not there.

This appears when the main screen goes up:

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: nalListener3f)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3262)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3185)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:126)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3038)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2746)

at com.mw3d.swt.EditorGUI.runLoop(EditorGUI.java:381)

at com.mw3d.swt.EditorGUI.open(EditorGUI.java:358)

at com.mw3d.swt.MonkeyWorld3D.launch(MonkeyWorld3D.java:67)

at com.mw3d.swt.MonkeyWorld3D.<init>(MonkeyWorld3D.java:40)

at com.mw3d.swt.MonkeyWorld3D.main(MonkeyWorld3D.java:52)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: nalListener3f

at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalListener3f(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alListener3f(AL10.java:631)

at com.jmex.sound.openAL.objects.Listener.update(Unknown Source)

at com.jmex.sound.openAL.SoundSystem.updateListener(Unknown Source)

at com.jmex.sound.openAL.SoundSystem.update(Unknown Source)

at com.mw3d.swt.component.Scene3DCanvas.update(Scene3DCanvas.java:383)

at com.mw3d.swt.component.Scene3DCanvas.loop(Scene3DCanvas.java:342)

at com.mw3d.swt.EditorGUI$Redrawer.run(EditorGUI.java:413)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:123)

… 7 more

maybe I should not include the swt.jar which was in the binary lib but what using instead?

Hi Sue,

Thanks for using it

(SWT:6424): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_accessible: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
this is the first error I get and it appears when I should choose the workspace which is not possible because the only option I get is to say "ok" the directory chooser is not there.

I think I have faced this before, but seems an SWT issue with the gtk, because I remember that I have used a milestone at some point and didn't use the release. I think with the 3.2 you wont see those messages anymore. its much better now.

The other exception that you are seeing is not swt related I think its an OpenAl related, are you sure you didn't forge the openAl.so ?

We have release a Linux version, that I guarantee to work with Redhat 9, but not under Ubuntu. please see this thread for more information.

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=3791.15

You might also want to try version 2, with the provided libs from v3, and see what are the results.

Thanks for trying it.

Posted in the other thread.

I will have a look at your cvs source maybe I can remove some errors I encountered, but the new version looks good apart from the exceptions :wink: .