Morphing and JME3 or Face Textures animation

Hi ,

does morphing implemented with jme3 ? or does this feature from jme2 can be updated in jme3 ?

Or is there a way to animate textures like for example a Eye changing the look

thanks

Woooo, you now talked about 2 different things.

Morphing, yes you can change the vertex buffer and setREfres (or similar) and it is updated, do this every x ms and you have a morphing mesh

For a eye you normall would use a own mesh attached to the headbone of a model, and just use setRotation, at least thats the way I know. (And would use due to no changes in the mesh itself)

However you can also modify the UV coordinates of a mesh and update it, so that the texture is moved over it.

1 Like

Thanks a lot empire phoenix , i’ll change my title because i edited the post to talk about the eye thing ,

Can you give me a very quick example about modify UV coordinate ? where do you do that ? .

About setRotation i need also an example to know how do i rotate only a bone , thanks !

We planned pose animation, for face animation (eyes, mouth, etc), but you can achieve this right now with bone animation.

There are plenty of tutorial for face rigging if you look on google.

Thank you for your answers

I’m interested about morphing right now , can anyone give me an example ? i’m right now doing lips movement from a character in 3DSMAX by using morphing and intersted about how do to the same thing in JME , thanks

Hi everyone ,

I really need to know how the engine deal with morph , if anyone can give me an example that would be great.

You have a geomtrey object ( usually i n the node loaded by modelloader)

there is a vertexbuffer, you change the values for those and set a refresh flag, next frame the vertexes have changed position in the rendered result.

If you plan on heavly using that you probably might want to add some system instead of manuallly doing so

There is no built in system for morphing in jME3.

if i have an animation with a mesh that is morphing , will it work ?

Jme currently only supports bone animations, for mesh animations you have to build a system yourself.

EmpirePhoenix said:
Morphing, yes you can change the vertex buffer and setREfres (or similar) and it is updated, do this every x ms and you have a morphing mesh

So why did you said " yes " to the question does morph works with JME3 ? maybe i missed something

Because it does work, there is no technical reason restrictiong you from doing it. (I did not mean that there is a use ready interface for it) Guess I misunderstood you there.

oh okay , well thanks anyway :wink: i’ll do bones animation then