MotionPath animation speed unconstant

@nehon said: hehe I was counting on you, I barely know what "heuristic" means :p I'm not really a math guy

Lol. Neither am I. I googled “heuristic” before I wrote it XD

1. Ok
  2. Will do.
  3. Nooo I think I expressed that badly. :frowning: What I wanted to say is that this functionality might be of use in much more areas than cinematics- for example I will use it for cars following a spline, or as @yang71 mentioned for an aircraft or whatever. So I would recommend putting it into the Spline class itself- I can do a patch for MotionPath/MotionEvent too but just to keep the functionality separated from cinematics in particular. In that way it can be used in any custom controller etc.
  4. Well then, I’ll make a patch. :slight_smile: Maybe I’ll be able to contact a guy helping to solve that issue in a more elegant way- however this can take some time and until then we have some improvement at least.
    Oh I don’t blame any anybody for being unresponsive, least of all you. I was just wondering how on earth people do their motion parts in their games, for instance move a car along a road. This was more the “am I doing something wrong or completly long-winded”-kind of a question. :slight_smile: (still anxious about suggestions on that topic)
1 Like

@mduck: Here, have one of the greatest minds in recent history tell you :wink:

[Deleted this post, the posted solution was wrong and could be misleading]