mTheoryGame Closed Pre Alpha Invite - I need your help

Hi Guys,

I need some help with testing, I have currently output my menu screen as an Applet to test if it works for people. If you have a spare couple of minutes please visit my Closed Pre Alpha page, password is jme . I really just need to know if it loads a black screen or not.

And on while I’m here, I have been putting some time into a softer character shader + style. It’s coming together nicely. These two were lifted directly from in game screen grabs…

Thanks

James

1 Like

Checked it and commented. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking pretty awesome. 1 problem i found was that if i continuously zoomed out, i reached the “max”, and if i kept doing it it actually started zooming me in, and i couldn’t actually zoom out again. It seemed like the destination vector I was zooming to was being moved. Using windows 7 32 bit.

Heres a normal ss, and another one where I can’t zoom out any further. Awesome job tho btw

1 Like

Well the applet loads nicely, no problems whatsoever. :slight_smile:

1 Like
wezrule said:
Looking pretty awesome. 1 problem i found was that if i continuously zoomed out, i reached the "max", and if i kept doing it it actually started zooming me in, and i couldn't actually zoom out again. It seemed like the destination vector I was zooming to was being moved.

That behavior comes from the ChaseCamera, not @thetoucher's applet actually. I use a different sort of "zooming" to go around this (using setMaxDistance/setMinDistance) instead.

@thetoucher

I just noticed that on your website I get this at the bottom of the page:

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 1 in /home/thetoucher/blog/wp-content/plugins/wassup/wassup.php on line 3954

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 1 in /home/thetoucher/blog/wp-content/plugins/wassup/wassup.php on line 3954

@madjack thanks for all your help :slight_smile:

@wezrule & @InShadow cheers guys !

Loads fine on Ubuntu 11.04 with Chrome 12. I think it would have been a good idea to include a short video of the intended experience. I didn’t know whether or not I should have been able to interact with anything in the menu.

I can confirm @wezrule 's zooming bug.

After looking around for a while this warning had filled up my Java Console log:

WARNING: Invalid texture: Image[size=1024x765, format=RGBA8, id=12]

Cubemap textures must contain 6 data units.

Here’s the complete log on startup:

http://pastebin.com/FPfjtAzj

There are a couple warnings in there.

+1 confirmation to the zoom bug. Looks fine to me otherwise tho I believe the speed of that particle trail thing is pretty fast compared to the vid you posted ago, each color stays only for like 1 second or so and the trail is quite short. Running Win7 64Bit, Ati HD5770 and Phenom 955 CPU :wink:

In addition to that, there are some particles all over the room which I only noticed after looking 90 degrees sideways, perhaps you need to make those a tad more visible :wink:

I have tried it on my PCs (Windows 7) and it worked fine. But I always have the latest drivers installed so I guess it is kind of expected :slight_smile:

Also to add to that error Erlend mentioned, not only do cubemaps need 6 data units but if I recall correctly they also need the width and height of the images to be the same, and while at it also make sure they are power-of-2 sizes for maximum compatibility and performance.

Awesome, thanks so much guys :slight_smile: