Multiplayer Arena [complete & source code]

May I present Multiplayer Arena, a split-screen multiplayer game I’ve been working on for a few months.

It’s pretty much finished, at least as far as someone with my 3D art skills can take it. There are 5 game modes: Skirmish, King of the Hill, Dodgeball, Bladerunner and Clone Wars. You can plug in up to 3 gamepads for a 4-player game.

Full source is available from https://bitbucket.org/SteveSmith16384/overwatchclone

13 Likes

Very nice ! :+1:

Is this your first project with jME?

Thanks. I’ve been using JME on-and-off for a few years now, with various failed and half-finished projects. This is one of the few that I would actually called complete.

1 Like

I like the feeling and that super minimalistic menu/hud. like in the old day no in game shops and endless pimp screen just the gameplay. keep the good work up.

Cheers. It’s just due to lack of time and other higher priorities! :slight_smile: Hope you enjoy it, let me know if you play any games with it.

Looks very nice! I’m looking forward to try it, unfortunately you didn’t provide a pom/gradle file to build it, I imported to eclipse but I need to add the libraries manually :cry:
It would be nice if you provided a package with everything included :smiley:

How are you generating the maps? I see there’s a csv file, is it generated from there?
I started working on a level editor recently, far from usable yet, but let me know if you would be interested to try it for a future version of your game.

Thanks. Yeah, Gradle/ANT/Maven are things that I always intend to look into but I’ve never got round to it as I’ve never really needed to. I’ll need to learn Gradle as Android Studio uses that.

As for the maps, they are created “manually” with lots of randomizations. The CSV files are unused, and I should remove them. The file https://bitbucket.org/SteveSmith16384/overwatchclone/src/135ca190dce9fbbe21e999a6afcaf7347304bffa/src/com/scs/overwatch/map/SimpleCity.java?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default pretty much creates the map.