My android device screen is downsized ;;

I use Galaxy Tab 7.0. This device has 1024 * 600 screen size.

I run BasicGame project not in Eclipse but in SDK, my device screen is centrally downsized.

Here, I upload captured screen.

The black region is extra space in my device…

http://i.imgur.com/vUwkK.png

How do i handle this problem?

you have to add this in your android manifest

[xml]

<supports-screens

android:anyDensity="true"

android:xlargeScreens="true"

android:largeScreens="true"

android:smallScreens="true"

android:normalScreens="true"

/>

[/xml]

1 Like
@nehon said:
you have to add this in your android manifest
[xml]
<supports-screens
android:anyDensity="true"
android:xlargeScreens="true"
android:largeScreens="true"
android:smallScreens="true"
android:normalScreens="true"
/>
[/xml]

Thank you for your help ^^

@Normen: can this be added by default to the manifest? By default android uses a really small resolution if you don’t specify you support higher ones

There you go

http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/detail?r=9008

1 Like

By the way, I found the following on the Android site because my app would [EDIT: NOT] compile with the supports-screens section in the AndroidManifest file. Is API 8 still the target or is API 9 the minimum Android version? I was thinking that API 8 was the target. If so, maybe xlarge needs to be left out or conditionalized based on the target API level in the mobile deployment form under project properties?

android:xlargeScreens

Indicates whether the application supports extra large screen form-factors. An xlarge screen is defined as a screen that is significantly larger than a “large” screen, such as a tablet (or something larger) and may require special care on the application’s part to make good use of it, though it may rely on resizing by the system to fill the screen.

The default value for this actually varies between some versions, so it’s better if you explicitly declare this attribute at all times. Beware that setting it “false” will generally enable screen compatibility mode.

This attribute was introduced in API level 9.

1 Like

Thanks.

Mhh yeah should have tested it on my phone, thanks for the input