My balls don't behave!

hey all!

i am working on a project for my university and because i had really good experiences with old versions of jme/jmephysic i am going to use it again.

maybe instead of explaining the problem in words it is better to download the 2 src files and run them (with pressing B you can add more balls again).

http://bytes.bitkid.com/files/src.zip

i added my own SimplePhysicGame because i want to use odejava instead of joode and play with the ode params.

so my question is … why does the ball behave so strange? it accellerates too much when hitting a edge and leaves “through” the boxes.

something i did wrong? i have no clue … tried all kind of things (adjusting linearVelocity etc…) but nothing worked.

any help would be really appreciated!

and btw guys … thx for jme/jmephysics - great work!

I was trying to test your code, but I think you forgot to send the JMEUtils class…

omg sry … zip file updated!

http://bytes.bitkid.com/files/src.zip

just in case you ask yourself why i use boxes as floor … they should then be able to move up and down independently.

regards, sascha

Looking at this thread's topic, I'd wager you're asking for it to be highjacked…

What do you think, darkfrog ? :wink:

The Librarian said:

Looking at this thread's topic, I'd wager you're asking for it to be highjacked...
What do you think, darkfrog ? ;)

yeah where is he..............fever perhaps  :D ;)

any ideas whats happening? i have an old version of jme/jmephysics (slightly modified version of jme 0.8 ) where the same thing works smooth.

thx for the monkey … i'll keep it :slight_smile:

I've used it in another post but it makes me giggle, so I thought I'd make use of it again.

I think it infuriates Mojo that I got this scandalous picture of his wife. :wink:

Spouse jokes now, df? 

so what do you guys suggest … open a thread with a better title?  :smiley:

darkfrog said:

I think it infuriates Mojo that I got this scandalous picture of his wife. ;)

All too late darkfrog realised he was holding the
camera the wrong way round

I wonder which part of a frog THAT is, then :slight_smile:

renanse said:

Spouse jokes now, df? 

Yeah, I started wondering whether that was a good idea after making the post, but it just looks too feminine to be Mojo.  :roll:

Honestly I was expecting a much more scathing picture response from Mojo. :o

Gentleman Hal said:

All too late darkfrog realised he was holding the
camera the wrong way round

hehe

perick … could you get it running? any ideas whats happening? i tried playing around with the physic update-rate cause i thought maybe it just doesnt get the collision … but no success :confused:

BUMP

sry for that … but its kind of important for me that my app works within the next month or so … sooooo … i’d basically be happy if you could tell who i can ask about the problem. odejava mailing list? jme guys?

i try to explain it in short words (and pictures):

so thats ^^ how it looks like … you have these balls jumping on the 100 cuboids. the problem is … everytime the ball hits the edge of such a cuboid it accellerates so fast …

that it leaves “through” the blocks. still … any ideas?

kind regards, sascha

ps: if you help me you get your monkey back :wink:

have a look at the collision geometries (PhysicsDebugger - in SimplePhysicsGame hit [v] ) if this does not help please try to reproduce your problem with a little test app.

i allready posted the link to the testapp

http://bytes.bitkid.com/files/src.zip (2 src files with a slightly modified version of SimplePhysikGame)

i will try what you suggested,

thx sascha

edit: what should i see in the debugger? the normals (?) aka the green thingies point to the inside of the boxes but i think it looks normal?

edit2: tried to debug the app … but no idea whats happening … only thing i can say is that it works with jme 0.8 + physix (the problem is, i have to update

because i need the shadow(renderer) for a better 3d feel)