My Chess Bot "Poseidon"

Hey guys, :slight_smile:
a few months ago, a friend and me had the idea to both create a chess bot and then let them fight to the death. :smiley:
Since I don’t want to loose the final against him, here’s my current bot - It would be great, if some of you (who are able to play chess^^) could play a few rounds and tell me, where it has its weaknesses, what field evaluations could be useful and so on.

The only GUI I’ve wirtten so far is in Swing, but I’m planning a jME-version, too. :slight_smile:

So, here’s “Poseidon”, the chess bot: mania-community.de
(Embedded as Java applet - The dektop application has settings, undo-turn-possibilities, and so on, for the web version I just displayed the field)

A little motivation for you: Neither me, my dad or a few friends could beat Poseidon yet. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m not the greatest player and his recursion depth is not as big as the one from “good” chess bots, but I’m very happy with the way he plays.
(You will notice, he’s very aggressive :smiley:)

Happy christmas days,
destro :slight_smile:

EDIT: The website is still in progress, the links etc. won’t work.
EDIT²: Maybe you will notice a bug in the “big castling”, the bot is taking advantage of it sometimes^^ It’s going to be fixed, when I have more time for that project.

It’s a long time since I played chess, I was always an ok but not amazing player.
I took it right down to the end but it had a king and 2 pawns vs my king, so once it managed to promote one I was dead. Nice job.

never really played chess. And got raped good job :slight_smile:

I give up. I’m terrible at this game. I used to play like 2 hours a day, but that was 10 years ago. Now I can barely see 2 steps ahead.